- Company: Family Legacy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Family Legacy Missions Zambia exists to glorify God by empowering vulnerable children in Zambia to live out their God given potential.
The cleaner of the Hill Wellness Center has the primary responsibility for cleaning the HWC in such a way that reduces infection to promote health and safety. He or she will clean precisely by HWC policy. It is the role of the cleaning personnel to follow daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules as laid out by HWC management.
1. Perform routine cleaning of all areas in the HWC including, but not limited to:
a. Treatment rooms.
b. Counseling rooms.
c. Clinical areas.
d. Waiting area.
j. Landscaping in the immediate vicinity of the Center.
2. Perform cleaning and sanitizing procedures of walls, vents, ledges, and windows.
3. Utilize the appropriate chemicals and supplies for each cleaning procedure as per HWC policy.
4. Maintain and follows all practices within the clinic’s infection control policy.
5. Remove and transport domestic and hazardous waste safely and appropriately in accordance with HWC policy.
6. Clean patient care items, linens, and clothing as needed.
7. Inform clinic management team of any potential problems, equipment shortages, or unsafe conditions.
8. Maintain an environment of patient, team member, and employer confidentiality.
9. Wear personal protective equipment as per Infection Control and HWC policy.
Skills and Competencies
- Possess good customer service skills
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent project execution skills, be detailed oriented, and possess the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Display a positive attitude and willingness to be a positive agent for change.
- Possess the ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities; be flexible.
- Be able to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), and consistently demonstrate a positive/proactive service attitude.
- Consistently maintain ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, and among all employees and members of the public.
- Hold a Grade 12 Certificate. Grade 12 English score < 3 preferred.
- Have 1 year of experience as a cleaner, preferably in a healthcare or laboratory setting.
- Possess the ability to work flexible and extended hours.
- Have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
- Possess a strong desire to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
- Possession of an active Driver’s License will be an added advantage.
The specific statements shown in each section of this Job Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform this job successfully. The job’s responsibilities/tasks may be modified and/or expanded over time. Family Legacy Missions will inform the employee when changes in the respective job description are made.
Interested candidates should email their CVs and scanned academic certificates to email@example.com, clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line and finalize the process by following the link below.
Closing date is 29th January 2021.