- Company: Young Women’s Christian Association
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) Zambia is a Christian, Membership, Non-partisan, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) dedicated to the empowerment of the community (especially women, youth and children) to contribute to the attainment of a just society through rights- based approaches and sustainable interventions. The organisation’s works aims at contributing towards the implementation of National plans and policies such as the Seventh National Development Plan, National AIDS Strategic Framework, vision 2030 etc. and also the World YWCA Vision which states that “By 2035, 100 million young women and girls transform power structures to create justice, gender equality and a world without violence and war; leading a sustainable YWCA movement, inclusive of all women.”
YWCA with funding support from Project Concern Zambia (PCZ) will be implementing the USAID Empowered Youth Program II (EYP II). The overall goal of the project is to mitigate the impact of HIV and improve the health and wellbeing of Vulnerable Children and Adolescents (VCA) through the deliver of high-impact, evidence-informed, and age-appropriate interventions customized for each VCA sub-population using a family-centered approach .The EYP II innovative approach is aimed at improving resilience and health outcomes among vulnerable children and adolescents (VCA) via a sustained, locally-led response to comprehensive VCA service delivery at the household, community and facility level in Southern and Central Provinces. The project will be implemented in 14 districts as follows; Chibombo, Chisamba, Kabwe, Kapiri-Mposhi, Mkushi and Mumbwa in Central Province as well as Chikankata, Choma, Kalomo, Livingstone, Mazabuka, Monze, Namwala and Sinazongwe in Southern Province.
The YWCA seeks to employ qualified staff in the following position;
FINANCE OFFICER X 1 (Lusaka)
The Finance Officer will be responsible for financial management of the project. The position will be reporting to the Finance Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of project budgets and cash flows in liaison with the project team.
- Monitoring of the project budget and adherence to internal controls.
- Preparation of project cash flows.
- Preparation of payments and ensuring that all project statutory obligations are met in a timely manner.
- Preparation of cashbooks and bank reconciliations and any other transactions in PASTEL accounting system.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and end of year financial reports in prescribed formats.
- Checking for accuracy of all financial documents.
- Maintenance of project inventory and asset register.
Required Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Part II ACCA, Full NATECH, ZICA Professional/CA Advisory level with 5 years demonstrated work experience in accounting in a USAID donor funded environment
- Or Degree in accounting, full ACCA with at least s two years’ work experience in accounting in a donor funded environment.
- Member of ZICA
- Good Multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in pastel accounting package.
- Computer proficient in office packages
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in team oriented environment.
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application letter with a detailed CV (Maximum 2 pages) only which should include a daytime contact number and three (03) recent reachable referees to the following:
The Executive Director
Plot # 7391, Nationalist Road (opposite UTH)
P. O. Box 50115, Lusaka, Zambia
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25th January, 2021 at close of business.