- Company: We Effect
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, and collaborate mainly with member-based organisations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We work in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. Our values are respect, transparency, and together .
We Effect, Regional Office of Southern Africa (ROSA), under Zambia Country Office is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator for the anticipated EU funding on Lusaka Transmission Distribution Rehabilitation Project (LTDRP) – Low voltage Distribution Network: Women Empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises Support. The project is aimed at building resilient and profitable businesses able to use electricity and owned by women and youth.
The project requires a strong and transformative leader with excellent management skills, a deep knowledge and expertise Micro Small Enterprising and the ability to coordinate two (2) different partner organisations to ensure the project is implemented effectively and sustainably.
The Project Coordinator will also assist in ensuring smooth coordination of activities by We Effect and its partner organisations to guarantee compliance with the grant agreement and We Effects policies, strategies and quality requirements.
We Effect in Southern Africa is present in and implements country development programmes in Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The Regional Office is based in Lusaka, Zambia. For more information, see www.weeffect.org .
Main Responsibilities Include
- Developing and monitoring the implementation plan for the duration of the project including having oversight of the budget, risk analysis and monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Supporting and monitoring the tools, methodologies and approaches developed and tested throughout this project to demonstrate programme impact and support continuous programme improvement;
- Develop and deliver (with support from the Project Officer) a programme of technical support for the partner organisations including training on women’s economic empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises programming;
- Foster a community of learning within the programme amongst all the partner organisations by creating and nurturing spaces for shared learning and reflection throughout the programme cycle;
- Work closely with colleagues in the Regional Office in Zambia and the Technical Unit Stockholm to ensure high quality, technical input into the implementation of the programme .
Networking And Alliance Building
- Maintain and strengthen relationships amongst all the partners involved in the programme;
- Maintain and nurture ongoing relationships with the donor with regular updates and debriefs;
- Produce donor reports on the progress of the programme as well as strategic reports about key processes in the programme impact including donor reports, concept notes, annual reports, articles etc;
- Contribute to strengthening the brand of We Effect in Zambia through promoting the programme and representing We Effect on relevant platforms and fora on women’s economic empowerment and gender transformation.
About The Candidate
As the Project Coordinator you have experience of gender transformative programming and Micro Small Enterprising . You should be able to manage and coordinate a project team. You should have experience of managing partner contracts to ensure compliance. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with partner organisations, staff and other stakeholders. You have excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills and ability to meet deadlines. You should be positive, solution-focused, able to give clear and concise instructions and work with a diverse team to build consensus and support working together. You will have excellent communication skills to represent We Effect and the project.
- Relevant academic degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies, Agriculture, Economics, or related field.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience of Programme/Project coordination including, but not limited to Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and European Commission EU;
- At least six years’ experience of working in gender mainstreaming/transformative programming and micro small enterprises support in Zambia;
- Experience of developing and testing methods and methodologies for planning, monitoring, and learning in women’s economic empowerment and/or gender transformation;
- Knowledge of management of business, marketing, and sales in general;
- Knowledge of and experience in organisational development to form viable sustainable organisations in particular in the cooperative sector and with women-led organisations;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Experience in Micro Small Enterprising .
- Experience in applying a Human Rights Based Approach.
- Experience of working on environment, climate change or resilience.
- Proficiency in two or more Zambian local languages.
Apply by 30 th January 2021
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation and does not discriminate applicants on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.
Closing Date : 28 Jan. 2021