- Company: Young Africa Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Zambia
Young Africa Zambia – JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Business Development Officer
SUPERVISED BY: Director
SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
The role of Business Development Officer has two main functions; to provide Business Development support as well as promote the internal and external business of the organisation in Zambia including image, mission and vision. Creates partnerships for student internships/placements, sources business opportunities for the franchisee units and oversees communications.
- University degree in relevant field of study
- At least 3 years work experience
- Possess a clear understanding of contemporary development issues and trends in Marketing in the field of youth development
- Excellent IT, data consolidation and reporting skills
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- In consultation with the Program Manager, develop a Business Development Plan for the organisation, identify business opportunities for growth and development
- In consultation with the Program Manager, develop and deliver an annual marketing plan (and associated budget) for the organisation and manage expenditure within the budget limit sets.
- Deliver marketing campaigns which target the recruitment of students and improve business for the franchisees by raising substantially the profile of Young Africa in Zambia through advertising, events, personal contacts and other means as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Programs Manager and the Franchisees in planning and delivering of marketing events at the centres.
- Keep abreast of initiatives which are being developed by the competition, proposing new initiatives in response to the changing PR/ marketing landscape
- Responsible for the review of the content of the website and social platforms, production and interpretation of statistics regarding website and social platforms performance.
- Plan, prepare and execute any in house exhibitions or external events to promote the organisation
- Planning publicity strategies including recruitment, awareness-raising festivals etc.
- Responsible for design and procurement of signs, banners and displays and all creative promotional materials
- Writing and producing articles, press releases and testimonies for media
- Designing, writing and producing leaflets, documentaries, brochures, information for website and promotional videos
- Managing and producing content for the organization’s social media sites
- Analysing and enhancing opportunities for positive media coverage on organizational events
Provide Work readiness, Coaching and Mentorship:
- Identify mentors and alumnus that can provide mentorship support
- Conduct training for mentors
- Conduct training and mentorship coaching for students prior to going for internships
- Identify key note speakers that can give lectures to students regularly to prepare them for the employment and business space
- Provide career guidance and support, information about future options, services to assist students in applying for jobs including CV writing and interview preparation
- Creating partnerships with business organisations and identify institutions where students will be placed for internships
- Coordinating internships for project participants (students) ensuring 100% placement
- Monitor students on internships
Establish and conduct Internal Income Savings and Lending (ISAL) groups:
- Provide/ coordinate training in ISAL
- Form Income Savings and Lending groups for youths
- Support the ISAL groups for business start-up for youths to access support upon completion of their studies
Business Development Support
- Conduct Business Start Up Workshops for youths & Entrepreneurship training
- Oversee the delivery of class room based entrepreneurship training
- Create a Business Support system for youths venturing into business including monitoring the business
- Provide Business Support services to youths including support in developing business plans, budgets, business registration for those venturing into business
- Identifying emerging market demands pertaining to youth development programming
- Identify and secure business opportunities
- Creation of linkages to Microfinancing institutions
- Identify opportunities for young people to engage in product development to increase the possibilities of youths running their own business and utilising skills gained to produce products
- Assisting with the development and design of fundraising proposals, quarterly and annual reports
- Attending functions and making presentations on behalf of the organization
- Flexible to take up other tasks as and when the need arises
- Participate in obtaining commercial sponsorship for events and the organisation in general.
- Ensuring that the appropriate administrative and communications systems (paper and or electronic) are in place and maintained (e.g. email, filing, photocopying, processing of invoices and budget tracking). This will involve performing some administrative duties personally.
Application deadline; 15th February, 2021.