- Company: Savannacom
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Savannacom is a Digital Services Provider (DSP) focused on Financial Technology (FinTech), Mobile Messaging, Digital Media Content and Application Services. The company’s vision is for every household in Zambia to use a Savannacom product by 2040. Incorporated in 2002, this proudly Zambian company takes great pride in its track record of being a market leader in technological innovations. Its customer portfolio lists many of the country’s leading corporations.
Savannacom is embarking on a transformational journey towards becoming the market leader in the provision of digital services. Arising from this, the company is looking for a suitably qualified and motivated transformational candidate to lead its commercial function towards the realization of the company’s strategic vision and growth.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for aligning company resources to drive customer retention and delivery on the company’s revenue performance goals. He or she is effectively the Chief Revenue Officer of the business, heading all commercial functions of the business, including sales, marketing and brand positioning. The Commercial Manager is also responsible for providing leadership in commercial strategies, including market development and product development to maximise growth, market share and profitability in-line with the company’s overall strategic objectives.
Suitable candidates for this role must be able to demonstrate team leadership and ability to navigate change in a fast-paced digital technology environment. Candidates must also be charismatic and able to demonstrate industry knowledge and experience, and be well-skilled in modern sales and marketing practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategy and Planning
- Provide advisory support to the Managing Director and to the management team on all commercial matters.
- Develop and implement clear guidance on product value proposition and positioning in the market.
- Development and implementation of effective Go-To-Market Strategies aimed at driving predictable and sustained revenue growth in the Company
- Development of data-driven market models that help the business with credible sales and revenue forecasting
- Development of efficient sales channels and strategic partnerships to drive acquisition across targeted verticals.
- Sales and Marketing
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to increase sales and product awareness.
- Prepare sales plans and set clear targets for all revenue generating resources within the function
- Strictly manage sales pipeline performance and provide accurate forecasting to aid credible revenue planning for the business
- Formulate strategies that leverage digital channels in marketing company products and solutions.
- Establish strategic partnerships that drive customer acquisition through indirect channels
- Formulate and drive strategies that promote the corporate and product brands in the market
- Customer Management
- Develop and measure key metrics around the business, including customer acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and retention rates.
- Formulate and implement strategies that promote effective customer engagement and professional relationship management that drive customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensure Account Managers have regular and documented engagements that include monitoring of agreed SLAs
- Ensure that all customer queries, service requests and complaints are satisfactorily managed, resolved and closed within agreed timelines
- Market & Product Development
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, market trends, customers, possible partnerships
- Find new ways of reaching existing customer base with new products
- Work with relevant business functions to understand customer requirements and match them with appropriate solutions.
- Conducting necessary awareness of solutions
- Ensuring that propositions for products are matched with the market needs
- Ensure training for salespersons on the products and propositions is regularly done
- Obtain insights from the market on competing products and design improvements to existing solutions to better the company’s propositions and competitiveness
- Ensure that preparation of RFQs, RFPs and Tenders is done timely and competently
- Operation Efficiency
- Oversee the commercial function to ensure compliance with the company’s procedures
- Provide mentoring, coaching, development and counselling as needed to the sales team.
- Assist the sales team in delivery of proposals and presentations where necessary to close strategic deals.
- Champion digital transformation and automation in the commercial function to drive operational and cost efficiency
- Ensure accurate and timeous preparation of sale and revenue performance reports
- Ensure that reports required for management reporting are accurate and are on time. These include, but not limited to, revenue forecasting, product performance, segmentation, product adoption, brand positioning, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A university degree in Business Management or equivalent discipline with at least five (05) years experience in a business-related role.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and success in managing major customer accounts, particularly achieving genuine sales development
- Transformative and inspiring approach to leadership
- Awareness of latest market trends with informed projections
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to generate charts and reports on sales data.
- Good attention to detail with the capacity to handle cross-functional communication and tasks.
Send CV and cover letter motivating your suitability to admin@Savannacom.zm, not later than 5th March 2021.