- Company: Afya Mzuri
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
SENIOR PROGRAMME MANAGER – Lusaka office
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced and mature professional to take up the senior role of Senior Programme Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of the whole proposed change, co-ordination of the programme’s projects and management. The role will also include building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors in pursuit of the organization’s vision and objectives, and to ensure that all operations are in line with its policies.
This is a critical role in the structure of Afya Mzuri and therefore the incumbent should possess strong leadership and people’s skills. The incumbent will be required to work in consultation with the Executive Director in his/her leadership and representation roles.
Essential skills, qualifications & experience required:
- A successful candidate must possess a bachelors degree in public relations, social sciences, development studies or a related field.
- He/she must have at least 5 years of experience in programming as well as 3 years’ experience in a senior/supervisory position.
- He/she must also have experience in – Fundraising (writing funding proposals and submitting to potential donors, and conducting research on fundraising opportunities).
- He/she must manage the implementation of all programme activities, including monitoring and evaluation of programme implementation, and provide technical support to staff for the planning, implementation and evaluation.
- He/she must ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of projects by meeting the minimum standards set.
- He/she must manage the project’s budget by monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the programme progresses.
- He/ must have excellent written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Previous experience in a USAID funded NGO will be an added advantage.
Applicants should submit a covering letter detailing how their skills, qualifications and experience match the minimum requirements outlined above, together with a CV (maximum 4 pages) and the full contact details of at least 3 traceable professional referees, one of which should include their current employer, where applicable. Applicants are also requested to provide details of their current or most recent salary and remuneration package.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th February 2021 at 17:00 hrs (Local time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please submit applications, quoting Ref: SPM, to the Executive Director, Afya Mzuri, Plot 10487A Manchinchi Road, Olympia Park, P.O. Box 51232, Lusaka using E-mail Address:firstname.lastname@example.org (ONLY Applications through the provided email address will be accepted).