- Company: Macoil Logistics Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
MACOIL LOGISTICS ZAMBIA is a premier Transport and Logistics provider based in Lusaka, Zambia and with representative offices in Zimbabwe and South Africa. MACOIL Logistics operates routes in SADC region.
Macoil Logistics Zambia is currently looking for professional, self-motivated assistant accountant to join our team. Candidates will be required to be performance-driven and capable of operating with a diverse team to achieve targets and deliver efficient service.
The company operates in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and proactive engagement is critical to a successful consignment delivery.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
Assistant Accountant Job Purpose:
Supporting the finance department, accountant, and management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks. Preparing budgets, maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the company. .
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Assisting with budgets
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses
- Assist in coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Preparing annual budgets
- Completing the year-end analysis
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Managing monthly budgeting tasks
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Must be between 24 – 29 years of age.
- Diploma in Business Administration/accounts or Related Field.
- Data Entry; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Excellent Skills with Microsoft Office.
- Payroll Experience; Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation, NAPSA, PAYE, NHI remittance.
- Proficiency with Pastel Financing, a must.
- Detail Oriented; Organized; Timely; Competent IT Skill
- Strong Bookkeeping Skills.
- Knowledge of Business Math.
- Understanding of Budgetary Principles.
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Experience in a Transport/Logistics and Petroleum Company a must.
- Must have a Driving Licence
Candidate must be Lusaka-based and willing to work at our Lilayi Office.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
February 26, 2021