- Company: PATH
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions – including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is seeking a Manager who is responsible for driving much of the day-to-day activities and responsibilities related to supporting division/team level financial reporting, analysis, modeling, forecasting, and budgeting. This position will be the principal resource to provide meaningful analytics to support business needs, including analysis of monthly results to some specific divisional areas. The Manager is also responsible for supporting institution level financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis. This position reports to the FP&A Senior Finance Manager.
- Develop strong working knowledge of the divisions supported, and proactively partner and advise division Vice Presidents and other leaders on financial issues.
- Drive the development of team and/or division level annual budgets, working in conjunction with division and team leaders. Advise teams on short-term and long-range budget/planning issues.
- Develop and maintain key models and reports for reporting performance against annual budget, periodic forecasts, and other Key Performance Indicators, driving divisional leaders’ accountability.
- Analyze monthly financial performance against forecast and budget, investigate variances, communicate findings and make recommendations to divisional leaders.
- Create and prepare dashboards and presentations used to communicate financial results to Board, Executive and other senior leaders.
- Perform periodic updated financial forecasts highlighting any key challenges or opportunities influencing divisional or team performance against goals.
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Manager to continuously improve PATH’s overall budget and forecast system application, including championing data structure and integrity.
- Perform detailed research and analysis on institutional business questions and translate findings into actionable decision points for executive leaders.
- Work with partners to improve financial data, systems, and reports by gathering business requirements, devising solutions, and stewarding them toward implementation.
- Develop and evaluate new business and financial models for PATH, potentially including innovative financing deals either at the institutional or programmatic level.
- Participate in ad-hoc requests, cross-cutting projects, and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or relevant field from an accredited college or university.
- Seven to ten years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience.
- Five or more years of experience in a role performing complex financial analysis job functions, including budgeting, forecasting, planning and financial reporting; preference given to individuals with experience in nonprofit research, biotechnology startups or job cost manufacturing.
- Three or more years of experience financial modeling; specifically, in presenting financial analysis and recommendations to a business unit leader.
- Performing data reconciliations and business validations of financial data and reports.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including financial statement design.
- Ability to model and synthesize complex financial information, operating and KPI data into appealing presentations (to a nonfinancial audience) to facilitate understanding of operational results and drive performance improvement decisions.
- Ability to manage finances or budgets of multiple projects concurrently. Ability to quickly come up to speed on new concepts by synthesizing research for deeper analysis.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and proficient in other Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working with large datasets and data visualization software, specifically Tableau, a strong plus.
- Strong organizational skills with detail-orientation, good follow-through, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinking combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya, India, Zambia, or Senegal.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
PATH.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=304792&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1014442&startflag=1″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd March, 2021.