- Company: The Zambia Catholic University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalulushi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Zambia Catholic University is inviting applicants for the position of Deputy Vice Chancellor. The Search Committee acting on behalf of the University Council invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the appointment to the position.
The Deputy Vice Chancellor shall assist the Vice Chancellor in administering the academic, financial and administrative affairs of the University.
The main duties of the position involve assisting the Vice Chancellor in:
- Formulating, developing and implementing the strategic plans and providing forward looking policies
- Providing effective academic leadership appropriate to a University of highest standing, for the pursuant of learning, research and acquisition of both liberal and professional education relevant to the needs of the country and the world in general
- Control and coordinating the operations of functional heads of academic units of the University
- Assisting in fostering high value linkages with stakeholders, especially Government, the local communities, co-operating partners and private sector.
- Perform such other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The post holder shall have:
- Masters, doctorate or equivalent professional qualification
- Accomplished record of scholarship, research, teaching and service
- Knowledge and experience of the university system
- Relevant years of experience at senior management level of at least Head of Faculty, Director in a university or similar institution
- Good computer skills
- Experience in administrative and financial management
- Ability to create networks with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in resource mobilization, visionary with ability to inspire others.
- Communication skills – high level of both oral and written English language
- Reliable, self-confident, with humility and integrity
- Self-motivated and team player
- Openness, flexibility, receptive to change and ability to manage change
- Must be a practicing Christian.
The University offers a remuneration package for the person appointed to the position of Deputy Vice Chancellor as determined by the Council from time to time.
The Deputy Vice Chancellor is appointed to hold office for a period of three (3) years and may be given another contract of the same period depending on performance.
Candidates meeting the stated requirements should forward their applications comprising the following:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates, diplomas and other relevant qualifications
- Names and addresses of three referees two of whom must be professional authorities in relevant fields
- A statement of candidate’s vision for the University in the next three (3) years in not more than 1,500 words
- If the applicant is the current office holder and is seeking another contract then they must provide a summary of the justification for another contract in not more than 1,500 words
- Any other relevant information that may assist the Search Committee in determining the suitability of the applicant
- If the applicant is a religious or priest, then a letter from the superior authorizing/supporting their application will be needed.
Applications marked “POSITION OF DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR” must be addresses to:
P.O. Box 260410
Hand delivered applications must be taken to:
The Office of the Secretary
Plot 1937 Ntundwe Drive