- Company: Bank of Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
To design and implement manage network infrastructure services (LANs/WANs, voice and security networks) and end-user customer support services in order to ensure reliable and quality service delivery that enable delivery of the Bank’s objectives.
• Manage network projects from planning, designing and instantiation to completion.
• Implement a technology infrastructure plan.
• Install, support, and maintain routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs and load balancers in an enterprise wide area networks.
• Maintain an accurate record of all configurations and significant changes affecting the network in order to ensure accountability, reliability and availability of network services.
• Implement plans for preventive maintenance of all network resources in order to maintain network health and integrity.
• Continuously monitor, measure, and report on network security vulnerability, availability, performance and capacity and generate improvement plans for management actions and decisions.
• Implement infrastructure resource protection and availability measures.
• Conduct research into existing and emerging ICT infrastructure technologies, standards and regulations and make recommendations for management decisions.
• Supervise the work of the Network Support Engineer and provide technical direction, training and mentorship
• Provide input into the preparation of various management reports for management information and decision making.
• Perform after-hours change implementations as required.
Qualifications and Experience
• BSc /BEng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; or equivalent
• 3 years relevant experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
• Knowledge of ICT service management best practices
• Experience with network design and network security management
• Experience with Enterasys and/or Cisco network hardware and software(CCNA or better preferred)
• Experience with Netapp SAN/NAS technologies.
• Project team player
• Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong technical writing and presentation skills
• Good project management
• Good interpersonal relations
Closing Date : 30 March. 2021