- Company: Dangote Cement Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
- Oversee and coordinate product testing and inspection process of DCZL products to ensure optimal quality of final products is achieved and pre-determined standard of production are maintained.
- Oversee the implementation of ISO, OHSAS, Systems for quality management systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow health safety and environment culture by education and practicing in and out of the department.
- Prepare and drive the implementation of annual quality control plan for the plant.
- Conversant with raw mix design with available raw materials from time to time.
- Ensure that production quality control processes are implemented in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise laboratory operations to ensure precision in the sample testing process for raw materials, intermediate products, final products, oil/gas, water, coal and appropriate equipment calibration is used in the QC Laboratory.
- Ensure all set product quality targets are met and deviations from target quality standards are promptly identified and rectified.
- Day to day coordination with mines department to oversee quality of raw materials to meet process requirements in achieving quality products.
- Liaise with customer depts., with regards to the quality control parameters for semi-finished (rawmil and klincker) and final products.
- Ensure final product meets local/international standards stipulated by statutory agency.
- Ensure preventive maintenance is carried out on laboratory equipment and effective housekeeping is conducted in the laboratories.
- Prepare any calibration schedule and ensure calibration is carried out on laboratory equipment as scheduled.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership and strategic direction to the country plant QA/QC team.
- Provide periodic reports on the activities and performance of the plant QA/QC function for attention of the Plant Director.
Education and Work Experience
- Full Grade twelve certificate, with atleast 3 Credits.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of eight to 10 years in quality control activities with Robolab/QCX operations in the cement or mining industry.
Closing Date : 22nd March, 2021.