- Company: Swish
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Position Advertised: Merchant Acquiring Team Lead
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Contract: 2 Years – renewable
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Reporting to: Head – Client Services
Swish Pay is Zambia’s fastest growing Merchant Payment Platform offering secure, convenient and rewarding payment processing services. Swish Pay connects consumers to merchants through innovative payment services enabling cashless payments right from our street-side vendors to large retailers. Swish Pay is not a wallet, rather offers the flexibility to securely pay directly from your Visa, MasterCard, or Mobile Money wallets. Our team thrives on innovation, technical awesomeness, being somewhat security paranoid but all-in-all puts our customer needs first!
If you’re on the look-out for an exciting opportunity, we’re looking to find you! We need a dynamic individual that can fit right in and create awareness and adoption of Swish Pay across the country.
If you are an individual that believes in the future of cashless payments, innovative, fearless and want to be on the winning team to drive financial literacy in this country, we are the team for you!
The role of the Merchant Acquiring Team Lead is to identify, engage and on-board merchants from various sectors and drive the adoption of the Swish Pay platform.
What you’ll be doing:
1. Design, Implementation and Management of the merchant acquisition strategy for Swish Pay.
2. Lead, train and manage the Merchant Acquiring team in identification and professional engagement of the Merchant community.
3. Ensure prompt and adequate reporting on activities of the team and make recommendations for improvements where required.
4. Drive awareness of the platform to ensure maximum lead generation and closure
5. Ensure thorough compliance throughout the acquiring process by ensuring adherence to KYC requirements.
6. Closely work with the Operations team in completing the merchant on-boarding and activation.
7. Closely work with the consumer engagement teams in driving utilization of Swish Pay services at various merchant locations.
8. Identify, develop and lead management of promotional activities at merchant locations
9. Be responsible for measuring and monitoring the results of those activities.
10. Develop and lead relationships with strategic merchants across various industry verticals.
1. A minimum of 3 years work experience in sales, marketing and client engagement
2. Having held a supervisor/team lead position for at least 1 year
3. Retail experience
4. Ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
5. Ability to identify and implement marketing activities
6. Excellent presentation skills
Send us a ONE-pager about yourself, your professional background and why you are suitable for this role. Short listed candidates will be contacted for detailed CV’s and other requirements. You can email your ONE-pager to careers@Swish.co.zm