- Company: Zambia Public Procurement Authority
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) a body corporate and responsible for regulation of public procurement in Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into ZPPA’s establishment for the following positions:
JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL OFFICER – AUDIT AND RISK, ZPPA 04
To assist in providing an independent objective assurance that the risk management systems, governance processes and internal controls are operating effectively.
STATEMENT OF MAIN DUTIES
The job involves developing risk based annual audit plans and budgets. The Job holder shall also perform audits in all risk areas. The Main duties are:
- Assists superior evaluate the effectiveness of controls in place to in order to manage significant financial reporting and other risk exposures, safeguard the Authority’s Assets, and ensure compliance with laws and regulations;
- Ensures that key controls of a given system are identified, assessed and tested and effectiveness is evaluated considering both financial, technical and operational controls;
- Ensures sufficient evidential data has been gathered analyzed and appraised as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficient performance of the activities being reviewed;
- Undertakes risk assessments in collaboration with risk owners and compiles and analyses data on risk;
- Monitoring and reporting risk treatment plan progress to ensure new and changed internal controls are implemented and facilitating resolution of issues as required;
- Develop professional quality audit working papers to support observations and findings;
- Suggests new initiatives, controls, and procedures to ensure good business practices are in place;
- Ensures compliance with internal regulations and established internal control processes during the audit process;
- Ensures that complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to the superior;
- Participates in meetings with Individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process;
- Assists superior undertake physical inspection of fixed assets of the Authority;
- Conducts verification of the inventory register on a quarterly basis;
- Assists in conducting year end stock takes;
- Prepares and submits audit and investigative reports to the superior as a basis for Management decision making or remedial measures;
- Ensures continuous professional development; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the superior.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (5) credits or better.
- Vocational or Professional Requirements: Candidates should have any of the following;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy; or
- Full Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); or
- Full Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA); or
- ZICA Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification.
- Relevant Post Qualification Experience: Minimum three (3) years’ Audit experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Good computation, arithmetic, critical thinking, analytical, leadership, commercial awareness and interpersonal skills.
- Good writing and oral communication skills.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Membership with the Institute of Internal Auditors will be an added advantage.
The position of the Principal Officer – Audit and Risk is on permanent and pensionable basis.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence and should comprise an application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of bachelor’s degree, Grade twelve (12) certificate (ECZ Certified) and any other relevant certificates. Applications should be addressed to the:
Stand No. Sub J-11790
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Longacres
P O BOX 31009
Candidates MUST download and fill in the Profile Summary Form placed on the website and email it together with other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line and sign-off the application letter for employment. The size of your attachments should not exceed 10 Megabyte. Only applications sent via email will be considered.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be Wednesday, 24th March, 2021 at 17:00 hours and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.