- Company: International Development Enterprises
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Location: Lusaka (Chongwe), Western Province (Kalabo and Shangombo), North-western Province (Mwinilunga and Zambezi) and Luapula Province (Chiengi)
R 1. Promote economic empowerment for women of reproductive age –
- Facilitate training of district staff, Community Development Facilitators (CDF), on Village Savings and Lending Associations (VSLA)
- Facilitate and coordinate the training of selected animators/volunteers on Village Savings and Lending Associations (VSLA) and other savings group models
- Drive and oversee sensitization of SUN communities on Savings Groups including group formation and training women of reproductive age (WRA) on VSLAs
- Integrate Nutrition SBCC into VSLA discussions and leveraging on opportunities to promote nutrition and health
- Link communities to financial services providers, including Micro Finance Institutions (MFI) and commercial banks
- Facilitate the delivery and provision of financial education to communities
- Oversee, monitor and support savings associations/VSLA groups
R 2. Increase availability, access, quality and safety of nutritious foods for households through food safety and preservation
- Set up demonstrations sites as community centres of excellence to showcase appropriate utilization of Post-Harvest (PH) technology,
- Provide on spot training to smallholders and provide complementary extension support
- Facilitating training of Ministry of Agriculture district staff and camp extension in PHM and in food processing, preservation and utilization
- Facilitate and oversee roll out of training to lead farmers and registered SUN TA households on PHM (including food preservation and utilisation)
- Link SUN Agri-households to distributors of post-harvest management supplies, including PICS Support/facilitate the establishment and development of local supply chains for post-harvest management technologies
- Bags -facilitate linkages through last mile Agro dealers and sales promotion
R 3. Support private sector engagement to promote local and community based nutritious food development, processing and marketing
- Orienting DNCC in SBN and private sector engagement
- Support DNCC to facilitate meetings/activities with private sector
- Supporting private sector actor’s participation in promoting community based nutritious foods development, processing and marketing; private sector actors engaged and producing locally available nutritious foods
R 4. Work planning, results measurement and reporting
- Prepare district monthly work plans and budgets consistent with set/expected outputs and milestones and submit to the project manager.
- Coordination and managing of relations with other project implementing partners for synergies in project delivery across results areas
- Collecting required performance and progress data on project participants.
- Submission of monthly narrative report and weekly verbal update.
R 5. Administration
- Submit monthly motor bike reports and completed time sheets
- Submit monthly expense reports
- Promote and positively reinforce the WFP and iDE Zambia brands at local level
Qualifications, experience and skills;
- Degree or three-year diploma in agriculture, nutrition, or natural resource management.
- At least two years’ experience working in an agricultural extension, Community mobilization or nutrition and health outreach capacity.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary setting will be added advantage
- An understanding and appreciation of the role that the private sector can play in providing agriculture and nutrition goods and services including markets to smallholder farmers.
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, adhering to deadlines and used to meeting targets.
- Valid Motor bike riders’ license
- IT literate with some proficiency in MS Word.
Send your cover letter in soft copy (word) attaching only your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please not the following:
- Closing dates for receiving applications is Friday 27th March 2021.
- Applications strictly by e-mail.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Those who do not meet the minimum qualifications need not apply.