- Company: Nature Conservancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
JOB TITLE: Talent Acquisition Specialist- Africa Region
JOB FAMILY: Human Resources
JOB NUMBER: 700007
SALARY GRADE: 7
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy Africa program follows a holistic approach to protect vital lands and waters, transform the way natural resources are used and managed and inspire to equip others to contribute to the shared vision of a healthy and sustainable future for Africa’s lands, waters, wildlife and people. We use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.orq or follow @nature press on Twitter.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Talent Acquisition Specialist provides human resource support services in talent acquisition and employee capacity building. The position will report to the People Learning and Development Manager – Africa region. Possible locations will be Tanzania,Zambia, South Africa, or Kenya, with preference being Nairobi – Kenya.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for administering and maintaining HR systems, programs, procedures and plans according to HR policies and will provide assistance to all levels of personnel on HR-related issues and requests within the TNC Africa Business Unit. This position provides support to the People Learning and Development manager and maintains a high degree of confidentiality and a strong customer service focus. Using their specialized knowledge, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will deal with customers with high level of maturity, tact, and diplomacy. Their key role is to oversee our full cycle recruiting processes and reinforce Africa Busines Unit’s policy on talent acquisition, assessment, and interviewing, which includes employee planning and sourcing processes, serve as the BU focal person on recruitments, onboarding and contracting. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will provide support into overall hiring strategy of the Business Unit to ensure our teams consist of a diverse set of qualified individuals. The role must provide excellent customer service, demonstrate initiative, take ownership of responsibilities, and complete projects with positive results. The role will work closely with the worldwide Office talent acquisition team, training and development, and Global Safety and security teams to provide required HR support on youth safety .
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Responds to moderately complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of aspects applicable to the subject area.
- Plan and implement Africa Business Unit talent acquisition based on annual Strategy plans
- Recruitment administrator for Job description development, posting, advertisements, interview schedules and reporting, reference checks, documentation, hiring & on-boarding, tracking recruitment and validation of hire information
- Create and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience
- Coordinate analysis of organizational skills development and anticipate future employment needs
- Coordinate and manage recruitment and selection processes and induct hiring managers on interviewing process
- Reviews employment application and background check reports to provide recruitment reports
- Manage Peoplesoft candidate pools to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities.
- Administer and submit all hiring paperwork for new employees in compliance with specific country requirements.
- Coordinate and ensure employment templates are reviewed promptly to comply with new country specific employment requirements.
- Generate monthly recruitment analysis and metrics reports as learning outcomes.
- Responsible for new hire on-boarding, PeopleSoft system set up and documentation.
- Serve as the new hire youth safety training and policy reinforcement.
- Serve as the Business Unit Liaison person for all WO office coordinated training programs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Perform all other human resources and administrative tasks deemed necessary for the smooth running of the human resources office.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years related work experience in area(s) of specialization or equivalent combination.
- Human Resource certified professional.
- Experience coordinating and leading projects.
- Experience responding to HR related questions and problems from employees/management.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: database management and spreadsheet software; constructing and producing reports; data input, manipulation, and analysis.
- Experience working with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Member of Human Resource Management body.
- Advanced understanding of employee contracting legal framework
- Experience working with Human Resources Management Systems e.g. Peoplesoft.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Work experience in talent acquisition or similar roles
- Familiarity with social media, C.V. databases, and professional networks
- Experience with full-cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience in using LinkedIn Talent Solutions to proactively source candidates
- A keen understanding of the requirements for each role in the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software, with ability to construct and produce reports, data input, manipulation, and analysis
- Proven track record of maintaining employee confidentiality
- May require fluency in foreign language(s) to support global operations.
- Ability to travel.
Builds productive relationships by interacting with others in ways that enhance mutual trust and commitment.
Collaboration & Teamwork
Works collaboratively with stakeholders across levels, geographies, backgrounds, and cultures to improve decisions, strengthen commitment, and be more effective.
Communicates proactively and in a timely manner to share information, persuade, and influence with the appropriate level of detail, tone, and opportunities for feedback.
Takes ownership to help develop others’ skills, behaviors, and mindsets to help them maximize their workplace contributions.
Sets challenging goals and objectives based on a strong sense of purpose and high-performance standards and steadfastly pushes self and others for tangible results, while ensuring work-life balance.
Demonstrates commitment to harnessing the power of differences strategically; consistently sees, learns from, and takes strategic action related to difference; and demonstrates the self-awareness and behaviors to work across differences of identity and power respectfully and effectively with all stakeholder. Actively seeks to build and retain a diverse workforce and fosters an equitable inclusive workplace by drawing upon diverse perspectives.
Thinks and acts from a broad perspective with a long-term view and an understanding of 1) the dynamic nature of large-scale challenges and 2) the need for integrating five key practices: skillfully engaging appropriate people; providing a clear process for change; taking a holistic view of situations; focusing on a small number of strategic actions, while learning from and adapting them over time; and being aware of how one’s own thinking or patterns of behavior may be limiting change.
Closing Date : 30th May, 2021.