- Company: Private
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Zambia
We are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Quantity Surveyor/Estimator.
The candidate should at least have:
- Thorough understanding of modern construction technology or similar construction structures
- Keeping up to date with construction methods and materials. with proper knowledge and understanding of how to;
- Price competitively/forecast the cost of materials needed for construction; Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and related documentation;
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals;
- Select and/or source construction materials;
- Represent the company at various levels;
- Prepare IPCs and reports
- Coordination of work efforts.
- Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues.
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments/claims.
- Fully understand and apply health and safety and building regulations.
Quantity Surveyor Requirements and Qualifications.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Must be between 28 – 40 years of age
- Analytical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of building and construction.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to use your initiative.
- To be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently. AutoCAD or equivalent will be an added advantage
Kindly note the position is to be filled immediately. Candidates that apply should be readily available to start.
Only candidates that meet the above requirements will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 12th April, 2021.