- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Provide leadership to owners’ team, contractor, and construction workers and to ensure compliance and management in accordance with the tender model and ensure all statutory requirements are met as per the Mining Regulation 204(3), Explosives Regulation 105(1), Mines and Minerals (Environmental) Regulations 3(2). Lead and manage project stakeholders and develop effective relationships through project activity and delivery in a brownfield’s environment.
- Direct, manage, plan, organize, supervise, review, control and approve all underground and surface works, in order to deliver it safety, timely, in good quality and cost effective to achieve project goals and objectives and meet project stakeholders’ expectations.
- Direct, plan, organize, supervise, review, control and approve manpower, supporting equipment and underground equipment utilization for capital projects and construction work-orders to ensure effective and efficient resource utilization.
- Review and approve the KPI’s and KRA’s and their actual achievements for major contractor and to communicate the actual monthly achievements of employees and encourage them to excel and make progress on continuous improvement in the future.
- Direct, supervise, review and control SHE programs implementation within the operation to ensure continuous improvement on Safety and Environmental compliance performance to support Company goals on Safety, Health and Environmental.
- Review, evaluate, control and approve the prioritization of underground dewatering project work-orders in order to meet Company’s goals and objectives and better manpower and equipment utilization.
- Review and evaluate project status reports prepared by contractors, such as project cost, schedule and productivity performance reports to make sure that the project’s running well and to enable solving of problems as early as possible.
- Plan, prepare, review and approve the constructability of a facility or a project during the conceptual design stage so that all construction and development requirements in terms of construction methods and equipment can be incorporated into design and cost estimates.
- Review, evaluate and approve project construction schedules prepared by contractor to ensure that project logic sequence, constructability, resources limitations and other constraints are factored into the schedule and minimize risk of project delay.
- Keep good communication and contact with personnel, superiors, other departments and clients to enable managing the department smoothly.
- Manage, review, evaluate, and approve the preparation of SOPs and the updates and control and ensure that the procedures are communicated to all construction personnel and implemented on the field.
- BSc/BEng- Mining Engineering
- Minimum 10 Years Underground Mining environment.
- Must have strong background in Project Management, System Development and the Management of Project Support Teams
- Must have strong experience in the management of contracts and contractor supplied resources.
- Haul road and Dump design
- Mine Dewatering and Storm water management
- Construction or Mining Related Infrastructure
- Open Pit and Underground Mine design
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
- Very good verbal communication skills.
Closing Date : 20th April, 2021.