- Company: CHAI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
With funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), CHAI will support the Ministry of Health (MoH) in the implementation of the People at the Centre (PeaCe) Health Program.
From 2015 to-date, Sida has worked in partnership with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), has worked to improve Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent Health, and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) service delivery in Zambia. The PeaCe Health program is a government program that will build on the successes of the RMNCAHN program and will be based on the WHO Integrated People-Centered Health Care Service (IPCHCS) framework. The Embassy of Sweden in Zambia will be supporting this phase of the PeaCe Health Program which will run from 2021 to 2024, supporting the MoH at both national and sub-national levels.
The broad objective is to strengthen the accountability and coordination on the People at the Centre (PeaCe) of Health Program in delivering Integrated People-Centered Health Care Services (IPCHCS) in Eastern and Southern Province. This broad objective will be achieved through the following pathways:
- Improve people-centered RMNCAHN Program Management & Coordination: This will involve strengthening strategic oversight and planning through a re-engineered program implementation committee and stakeholder engagement. Interventions under this pathway will ensure participatory planning and equity with key voices being part of the planning process.
- Adoption of IPCHCS approach in the provision of RMNCAHN services and improved human care services: This will be done by ensuring IPCHC adoption in the provision of RMNCAHN services through capacity building and strengthening human resources to deliver People-Centered RMNCAHN services.
- Improve Program Performance, Monitoring and Evaluation of people-centered RMNCAHN services through the strong systems for tracking program progress which will seek to optimize program performance by monitoring key performance areas where necessary by drawing from CHAI’s experience on Result Based Financing.
- Improve Documentation, Dissemination and Learning: This will be strengthened by improving the quality of program reports, knowledge products and how they are disseminated and translated into practice. People-centered research designs as well as participatory action research methods will be considered.
- Improve Financial Accountability for the PeaCe Health program. This will be improved by supporting the effective use of Navision and other financial controls. This will ensure that beneficiaries enjoy the optimal benefits of the program.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) seeks a full-time Associate, Evaluation and Learning who will be based at the CHAI office in Lusaka and report to the Manager HSS. They will work closely and complement the efforts of the relevant MoH and seconded program staff at national and sub-national levels to ensure high quality documentation and dissemination of operations research, evaluations, assessments, case studies and lessons learnt in the course of implementing the RMNCAHN program.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work with national and sub national level stakeholders to document important lessons learnt, conduct research, write success stories and best practices.
- With the support of the AD, UHC and Manager, HSS agree on topics for operational and health systems research to inform learning and program implementation.
- Design people centered research designs as well as participatory action research methods. Research questions will be developed in line with priority needs of vulnerable people and under-served communities.
- Scoping, designing and testing research and learning initiatives including the design and pilot of possible program assessment models
- Support all research activities on the program starting from protocol development, local and international ethics review boards, data collection (including digitization of data collection instruments), analysis and manuscript finalization
- Work the national and sub-national levels to improve the quality and timeliness of reporting ensuring all reports are ready and submitted 30 days after the end of the reporting period
- Review and harmonize existing workplan and reporting templates to ensure quality, relevance, less duplication and ease of use
- Develop and implement a documentation, engagement and dissemination plan for knowledge products on the program to strengthen communication on the program both internally and externally to inform policy, practice and future implementation in country.
- Monitor the adoption of disseminated knowledge products, identify priority channels for dissemination domestically and globally.
- Build capacity for documentation, dissemination, and dialogue among stakeholders. The process will involve:
- Mapping effective in-country avenues and forums for dialogue and dissemination across national, provincial, and community levels (e.g. TWGs, conferences and meetings)
- Mapping key decision points for influence using data and information from implementation, integration and sustainability as a reference (e.g. strategic plan and budgeting timelines for relevant programs, MOH decision makers, program manager trainings).
- Creatively communicate program lessons, successes and research results with the key stakeholders and more broadly through blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Any other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, Economics, Public Health, Statistics, or a related field with a minimum of four years’ work experience with at least two years’ experience in a research-focused position.
- Master’s Degree in any of the fields mention above is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in writing and disseminating high quality knowledge products (e.g. policy briefs, research manuscripts, protocols monographs etc.) is essential
- Demonstrated experience in the use of quantitative, qualitative and mixed-methods research designs is essential
- Familiarity in the use of quantitative and qualitative analytical software (including strong Microsoft Excel skills experience with STATA, SPSS, NVivo or ATLAS.ti) is essential
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
- Ability to maximize available data to provide strategic recommendations
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on complex projects with many stakeholders and diverse teams
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel domestically
CHAI.icims.com/jobs/10972/associate%2c-evaluation-and-learning/job” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th April, 2021.