- Company: CHAI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
With funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), CHAI will support the Ministry of Health (MoH) in the implementation of the People at the Centre (PeaCe) Health Program.
From 2015 to-date, Sida has worked in partnership with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), has worked to improve Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent Health, and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) service delivery in Zambia. The PeaCe Health program is a government program that will build on the successes of the RMNCAHN program and will be based on the WHO Integrated People-Centered Health Care Service (IPCHCS) framework. The Embassy of Sweden in Zambia will be supporting this phase of the PeaCe Health Program which will run from 2021 to 2024, supporting the MoH at both national and sub-national levels.
The broad objective is to strengthen the accountability and coordination on the People at the Centre (PeaCe) of Health Program in delivering Integrated People-Centered Health Care Services (IPCHCS) in Eastern and Southern Province. This broad objective will be achieved through the following pathways:
- Improve people-centered RMNCAHN Program Management & Coordination: This will involve strengthening strategic oversight and planning through a re-engineered program implementation committee and stakeholder engagement. Interventions under this pathway will ensure participatory planning and equity with key voices being part of the planning process.
- Adoption of IPCHCS approach in the provision of RMNCAHN services and improved human care services: This will be done by ensuring IPCHC adoption in the provision of RMNCAHN services through capacity building and strengthening human resources to deliver People-Centered RMNCAHN services.
- Improve Program Performance, Monitoring and Evaluation of people-centered RMNCAHN services through the strong systems for tracking program progress which will seek to optimize program performance by monitoring key performance areas where necessary by drawing from CHAI’s experience on Result Based Financing.
- Improve Documentation, Dissemination and Learning: This will be strengthened by improving the quality of program reports, knowledge products and how they are disseminated and translated into practice. People-centered research designs as well as participatory action research methods will be considered.
- Improve Financial Accountability for the PeaCe Health program. This will be improved by supporting the effective use of Navision and other financial controls. This will ensure that beneficiaries enjoy the optimal benefits of the program.
Scope of Work
The Finance Officer will support Health Offices in Eastern and Southern Provinces in the management and implementation of the Financial Management Aspects of the PeaCe Health Program and will be required to effectively coordinate the program activities at the sub national levels. The position will support program districts to reduce duplication and improve efficiency within the MoH system during program implementation. They will also work with the province to facilitate timely documentation and submission of project result challenges and best practices.
Under the Provincial Senior Accountant, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the project’s financial records are up to date and that financial reports are prepared on time according to the SIDA and GRZ’s guidelines.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that accounting function is undertaken in line with the GRZ financial regulations, policies, and procedures, as well as the project guidelines and those of other external contributors.
- Ensure periodic update reports and disbursement reports are prepared in line with the program reporting requirements.
- Ensure that the program financial statements are appropriately prepared and submitted.
- Review bank reconciliation statement prepared for the program accounts
- Review and verification of payment voucher
- Assist in developing various documentation, reports, or any material required from time to time by PeaCe Health Program and MOH. This will include the income and expenditure reports, annual reports, progress reports on the PeaCe Health Program.
- Prepare and consolidate all financial reports from each level of the PeaCE Health Program and ensure reports are produced in accordance with SIDA and GRZ regulations.
- Ensure adherence to systems and controls, make recommendations for improvements/adjustments
- Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities, advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
- Assess, evaluate and monitor sub-recipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and strengthen capacity of partners in financial accounting and transactions.
- Monitor disbursement/receipt schedules, alert relevant program staff of due payments/liquidations and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management and compliance with set deadlines.
- Provide information to program staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and deliver training and other capacity building activities
- Attend and participate in Program related meetings and provide input on financial matters.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as and when required.
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting Full ACCA or CIMA or any other related qualification
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA is considered a plus
- Experience and knowledge of the RMNCAH-N Results-Based Financing model in Zambia is desirable
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
CHAI.icims.com/jobs/10970/finance-officer%2c-people-at-the-center-%28peace%29-health-program/job” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th April, 2021.