- Company: Tyre-King Enterprises Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Tyre King Enterprises Limited is seeking to employ a qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of IT Officer. We are one of the leading automobile tyre retailers in Zambia currently operating in fifteen (15) Tyre sales and fitment outlets including Choma, Kabwe, Kitwe, Ndola & Solwezi. We are seeking to recruit the following professional to join our Head Office & Branch teams.
We’re seeking an experienced IT Officer who can join us on this journey using his or her technological skills to make us more efficient. In this role, you will analyze our current systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide training. Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of network maintenance and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
OBJECTIVE OF THIS ROLE
The IT Officer will be responsible for the implementation and operations of all technology infrastructure which includes Head Office Datacenter and Server services, Branch Offices Infrastructure, Wide Area Network Infrastructure, ERP system, telephony, service monitoring, user support/help desk, Workstation/thin-client management, Storage and related software. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and security of all IT systems and infrastructure.
Reporting to the Directors, the suitable candidate will have the following key responsibilities among others:
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed.
- Provide high levels of customer service as it pertains to enterprise infrastructure.
- Plan, design, and manage infrastructure technologies that can support complex and heterogeneous corporate data and voice infrastructure.
- Analyse department needs, identify vulnerabilities and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions
- Design and implement new network solutions and/or improve the efficiency of current networks/systems.
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions.
- Continuously analyse current processes, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement.
- Prepare cost-benefit analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analysing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs.
- Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups.
- Create and document proper installation and configuration procedures.
- Oversee deployment of systems and network integration in association with partner clients, business partners, suppliers and subsidiaries.
- Review IT policies and communicate to staff as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Diploma in technology or computer science. A Degree will be an added advantage
- 3+ years’ experience in IT Operations and Management.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (MS Exchange, MS Dynamics, Linux (Ubuntu or Centos), Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring.
- Expertise in implementing, configuring, and testing solutions.
- Experienced with managing Networked branches/remote Offices.
- In addition to being a team player, you must possess analytical, leadership, and organisational skills (i.e., meeting deadlines).
- Extensive Radio Network Optimization expertise across GSM / UMTS and LTE will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) and related technologies, Cisco-based network communications technology, High availability and disaster recovery architecture, communication and related technologies
- Experience in leading overall infrastructure for a complex organisation and network including branch setup, VLAN setup for regulatory requirements, managing data protection, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
- Professional certifications (Microsoft Certified professional, ITIL, CCNA, N+ or A+)
- Must be a member of the Information & Communication Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ).
Send your detailed CV which must have three referees (from your past employment), qualification documents and a cover letter that states why you think you should be selected for this job. Address to: The Head Human Resource and Administration, Lusaka, email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 16 April 2021. Clearly state in the subject line the position: IT OFFICER.