- Company: Oak University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Academic librarians are responsible for acquiring, organizing, managing and distributing library resources, and ensuring that library provision meets the needs of all its users. Academic librarianship is a people-focused role, requiring individuals to manage learning resources while keeping the library users’ needs in mind. Duties vary considerably according to the size of library.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources.
- Answering readers’ enquiries.
- Using library systems and specialist computer applications.
- Management of staff, including recruitment, training and/or supervisory duties.
- Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organizations and suppliers.
- Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users (eg. staff, postgraduate students, disabled students).
- Managing budgets and resources for the library.
- Supporting independent research and learning.
- Developing IT facilities.
- Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc.
- Promoting the library’s resources to users.
Qualifications and Experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in library studies or information management systems.
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) added advantage.
- 3 years post qualification experience or 1 year of already chartered.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet.
- Team-working and management skills.
- Assessment of resources and library users’ needs.
- Presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Subject-specific knowledge or expertise in a particular function, for example ICT resources or resource ordering.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 15th April, 2021.