- Company: The School Club Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Maamba
- Job type:
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
We are an award winning Zambian NGO and UK Charity, that exists to innovate and upscale the education system in rural Zambia. We believe that qualitative, relevant, environmentally and financially sustainable education is the key to unlocking the potential of children and young people. Since 2011, our work has reached over 20,0000 children and adolescents across our four impact areas of self-financing schools, vocational education, literacy development and girls’ education.
Location: Maamba with occasional travel to Livingstone
Contract: 3 years
Type: Full time (35 hour working week) with the ability to be flexible on working hours
In partnership with Comic Relief and Play it Forward Zambia, we are launching a new project in May 2021 to address some of the key challenges that prevent girls from returning to the education system in rural Zambia. We are seeking a Project Officer in Sexual and Reproductive Health to assist us with this ambitious project, which will use the sport for change methodology, coupled with holistic support in micro-finance, literacy, numeracy and sexual reproductive health education to support 750 girls over 3 years to return to school.
Essential skills –
1. A minimum of 3 years of project management experience working in/with government, intergovernmental or international NGO organisations
2. Qualifications in a relevant discipline, such as Public Health, Sport for Development, NGO Management, Development Studies or equivalent
3. Experience in delivering large Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights projects, particularly in rural areas
4. Experience in implementing complex Monitoring, Evaluation, Assessment and Learning Plans, including leading focus groups, collecting Most Significant Change Stories and compiling quantitative data via digital data collection platforms
5. Proven record of budget construction and management
6. Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
7. Strong IT skills with the ability to use Word, Excel,Publisher and Mail
Desirable skills –
1. Clean driving license
2. Interest in football and sport for change methodologies
3. Previous use of Kobo Toolbox for data collection
4. Belief and commitment to the values of School Club Zambia
Main duties and responsibilities –
1. Project Management
Ensure that robust systems for planning and delivering projects are in place and implemented, with a focus on child-led development at every stage of the project cycle.
Regularly monitor project performance and compare to targets, deliverables and budget.
Ensure that the planning, delivery and evaluation of the project complies with the grant agreement and that reporting to donors is of the highest standard.
Ensure that School Club Zambia and Play it Forward Zambia can clearly demonstrate the impact of the project through bi-annual impact assessments and key stakeholder engagement meetings.
2. Financial Management
Compliance with policies and procedures that safeguard staff and the assets of the organisation.
Provide monthly financial reporting in consultation with the Programme Manager.
Lead in the implementation of the project MEAL plan in conjunction with the Project Officer for Literacy and Numeracy
Assist the Director of Operations in quarterly reviews of the MEAL plan and adjustment of data collection tools as needed
Contribute to the development of organisational plans and strategy
Contribute to the work of colleagues as needed, including assisting with fundraising initiatives and social media tools
The School Club Zambia is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Please note that in line with our Child Protection Policy, if selected candidates will be required to undergo a criminal records check before commencing employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 25th April, 2021.