- Company: Barrick
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Zambia
Position: Security Relations Superintendent
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Security Manager
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Security Relations Superintendent.
Reporting to the Security Manager, you will be responsible for delivering quality advice and strategic support of LMC Security relations requirements by developing, implementing and continually improving cordial relations with security regulatory authorities and team capacity in Awareness, Compliance, Management, and Sustenance of legal obligations and other regulatory requirements. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure positive and effective implementation of Barrick Security policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with overarching statutory requirements and adherence to international norms.
- Establish, implement and ensure effective utilization of Security systems.
- Ensure compliance with Barrick’s environmental and social policies and procedures and overarching statutory requirements.
- Manage and enforce a set standard for all security service suppliers, personnel, employees and business partners working on the mine lease.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure that Employees and Business Partners comply with industry best practice and legislative requirements.
- Implement a Security Management capability that will ensure prevention of material loss.
- Ensure that all the Companies facilities on the mine lease and the facility occupants are adequately protected against harm and loss twenty-four hours a day 365 days a year.
- Ensure that there is a sufficient standard of training and experience in the workforce to allow the appropriate application of response strategies to any emergency that could seriously threaten life or property on the Lumwana Copper Mine
- Create a working environment which ensures that employees and business partners gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programmes.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in law/ Security or any Social Science.
- Minimum of ten (10) years practical experience in security, law enforcement, military or public safety department with 5 years or more in a senior management and advisory role
- Highly developed acumen for providing high level policy and strategic advice on matters preferably in a statutory background.
- Experience managing security operations in Sub- Sahara Africa will be an advantage.
- Advanced investigative capabilities in regard to commercial crime.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian driver’s license or be able to obtain one.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Competent in incident/accident investigation
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Zambia.
- Experience in managing costs and budgeting.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply. Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
- ‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Barrick.com/jobs/security-relations-superintendent-6947″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th April, 2021.