- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
To manage the activities of the L2350 Loader Maintenance section in order to maintain the Reliability and availability of the fleet assets. This will involve maximizing the utilization of the resources to achieve cost savings, continuous improvement initiatives, and utilization of synergies throughout the area. In essence this role is to oversee and manage the activities of the L2350 Loader Maintenance section so as to ensure the application of appropriate levels of safety and productivity are maintained in order to meet safety, cost and productivity targets
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning& Scheduling
- Continuous Improvement
- Technical Advice
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification and experience with heavy mining equipment
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance role.
- At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Experience in Component rebuilding and change outs.
- Previous expatriate work beneficial
Job Specific Competencies
- MS Office
- Knowledge of Pronto or other enterprise systems.
- Plant specific experience on L2350 Loaders.
- Previous experience in a large open pit mining operation would be well regarded.
- Demonstrable experience with maintenance management systems will be an advantage.
- Sound mechanical and electrical diagnostic skills would be advantages
- Assisting in the implementing the safety systems and procedures required by the Zambian mines regulations and act particularly as it relates to Mining fleet maintenance
- Contributing to the identification of the significant Health and safety risks and impacts related to Mining fleet maintenance including those related to identified applicable legislation
- Developing and implementation of plans/controls to mitigate significant health and safety risks in your Section.
- Ensuring that the Mining fleet maintenance personnel have the necessary competencies, awareness and training to effectively manage the health and safety risks in their areas.
- Attend and/or conduct regular safety meetings
- Ensure the Section builds and uses SOPs relevant to their work
- Actively promote continuous improvement in safety performance throughout the workforce.
- Conduct informal safety audits of tasks being undertaken in your area on a regular basis.
Key Job Attributes
- The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Closing Date : 26th April, 2021.