- Company: AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered not for profit, NGO registered in Zambia. AHF collaborates with the Zambian government and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to establish sustainable and replicable models for the delivery of’ quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, care and support, HIV Counseling, and Testing, Prevention and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS. To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individual to fill in the post of Pharmacy Technologist at The University of Zambia (UNZA) Clinic.
Job Title: Pharmacy Technologist
Location: UNZA Clinic, LUSAKA.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists the pharmacist in the retrieval of accurate, concise, applicable and timely drug information.
- Collects patient specific data for prescription processing including allergies, etc.
- Provides instruction and information regarding correct use of drugs supplied
- Receives and stores incoming supplies; counts stock and enters data in computer to maintain inventory records
- Assists pharmacist in stock management, including regular stock takes
- Maintains clinical competency, as demonstrated in providing directing and monitoring patient care; begins clinic on time: advices patients concerning diet, hygiene and method for prevention of diseases.
- Assists and communicates with medical staff concerning patient care issues (e.g., drug allergies.)
- Participates in the case management of individual patients to ensure the continuity care;
- Participates in Developing internal working systems relevant to the medical/pharmacy operations within a clinic setting:
- Produces required reports on a timely basis;
- Maintains compliance with Health Professional Council of Zambia and National Public Health policies and other standards/guidelines.
- Directs Pharmacy activities in a manner reflective of the philosophy of AIDS Healthcare Foundation:
- Provides education to patient and patient’s personal support system in areas such disease management including treatment adherence.;
- Promotes team work, good interpersonal relations and communication among staff at the healthcare setting partner organizations, governmental organs etc.;
- Participates in pharmacy and clinic staff orientation;
- Plans and participates in educational programs for the pharmacy and clinic staff;
- Works with the clinic team to ensure that supplies that directly impact patient care are available.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and good decision-making skills; and
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
- Medical Staff Meeting
- General Staff Meeting
- CME activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education And / Or Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy:
- Certification in ART and Logistics:
- Certification in ART and OIs:
- Certification in Advanced ART pharmacy training
- 1-2 years post graduate experience in a pharmacy, preferably with ARV and OI medications.
- Registration by HPCZ with a valid Practicing License
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked in the Email Subject line with the position PHARMACY TECHNOLOGIST-UNZA.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.