- Company: WidEnergy Africa Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
About WidEnergy Africa Ltd:
We are a women-led social, for profit enterprise engaged in last mile distribution of innovative, clean affordable and reliable energy and digital inclusion solutions.
Since we started our PAYGO operations, we have connected more 6,000 households with Solar Home Systems bundled with mobile feature phones, and created jobs for more than 40 Zambians while empowering more than 200 sales agents. We have an ambitious plan to extend our distribution network across Zambia, with the objective to reach more unbanked and unconnected people and create more impact in Zambia and beyond.
WidEnergy has been awarded funding from GSMA to implement “Digital inclusion hubs” project in Zambia. The project aims to launch consumer financing of Smart phones and to promote digital inclusion in Zambia. A part of the funding will be used to pay project team members.
We are looking for a young motivated Project Administrator to coordinate the project administrative work as per the job description bellow. Based in the project implementation region, the Project Administrator is the key person to assist the Project Coordinator in managing the project budget, serve as the link between the company management and other project stakeholders. As the entry point to the project communication and administration, this position is a major opportunity to prove what the candidate can do in getting the project achieving its goals.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Follow up the project work plan on daily basis.
- Follow up the budget and check if every expense is in line with the project plan.
- Manage the contacts with the head office and its departments (Call center, finance…).
- Oversee if the grant is implemented according to the contract signed between WidEnergy and the funders, and advice on improvement where needed.
- Manage the project supply chain and advice on logistic cost optimization.
- Implement financial metrics and associated KPIs for performance of supply chain network and Agents.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties, such as generating and distributing memos, letters, spreadsheets, forms, and sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Manage demand and procurement planning.
- Maintain client databases; track accounts; oversee the invoice workflow, and assist in copying and distributing production orders and other internal documents as requested.
- Update spreadsheets used by accounting, sales, and field services as requested.
- Schedule and track meetings and appointments, and book flights and travel arrangements.
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation in managing the project KPI’s tracking and reporting.
- Monitoring the work plan execution and alert the management in case of delays.
- Reporting to the project Coordinator.
Qualifications and Skills that we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain, Finance or any equivalent field is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for this position. Obtaining a Diploma or a Master’s Degree certainly adds more value to the profile.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Be digital native and willing to live in the project implementation region.
- Strong time-management skills, multi skilling and multitasking ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English, (additional local language is an advantage).
- Ability work in multi-cultural and fast paced environment.
- Results and solution oriented, Communication and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a leadership attitude.
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders in multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to learn new digital tools and train other people in rural area.
- Ability to organize and manage modern enterprise video and web conferencing using cloud-based platform such as Zoom, Blue jeans, MS teams.
- Experience or Certification in Projects Management will be an advantage.
Do you feel you have what it takes to take on this challenge?
We want to hear more about you, please send your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org before 17 April 2021 and include a 100-word email on what makes you a good candidate for this position. Young candidates with a great learning capacity will be preferred for this position.
WidEnergy Africa Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind; Gender, ethnicity, race and religion among others.