- Company: WidEnergy Africa Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
About WidEnergy Africa Ltd:
We are a women-led social, for profit enterprise engaged in last mile distribution of innovative, clean affordable and reliable energy and digital inclusion solutions.
Since we started our PAYGO operations, we have connected more 6,000 households with Solar Home Systems bundled with mobile feature phones, and created jobs for more than 40 Zambians while empowering more than 200 sales agents. We have an ambitious plan to extend distribution network with the objective to reach more unbanked and unconnected people, and create more impact in Zambia and beyond.
Project and position overview:
WidEnergy has been awarded funding from GSMA to implement “Digital inclusion hubs” project in Zambia. The project aims to launch consumer financing of Smart phones and to promote digital inclusion in Zambia. A part of the funding will be used to pay staff for the project implementation.
We are looking for a motivated, highly skilled and willing to learn more female to become our GSMA funded Project Monitoring and budget controller. The Project Monitoring and Budget controller is the key person to design, coordinate, and implement the monitoring and evaluation process and evaluate the project social, economic and environment impact.
The project M&E and budget controller will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Coordinator in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on the project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the project monitoring and evaluation tools, and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and budget controller works in close collaboration with company management team, work closely with other projects implementation team and CFO for the finance related aspects. At the forefront of the project impact measurement, this position is a major opportunity to prove what the candidate can do in getting the project achieving defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and project budget controller will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen project monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project outputs.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of milestones and send alerts when needed.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
- Provide feedback to the Project Coordinator on project strategies and activities.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project milestones and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Assist Project Coordinator in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations.
- Conduct capacity assessment on implementation of Donor provided monitoring and evaluation system.
- Participate in Monitoring and Evaluation meetings with the project funder and assist the Project coordinator in preparing relevant reports to the Management, the Board and the funder.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project.
- Monitoring the budget to ensure effective implementation of the project in line with the existing work plan.
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills that we look for:
- Masters in a relevant Science, Economics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Finance or related field in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain, Finance, or equivalent (Exceptional candidates with Bachelor’s degree will be considered with proven experience of at least 2 years of Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Budget Management).
- Excellent analytical, data analysis and data processing skills.
- Ability to translate data into actionable insight.
- Knowledge or experience of basic research methods such as interviews, survey, focus, groups, and ability to learn new methods and new digital tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Fluent in verbal and written English,( additional local language is an advantage),
- Ability work in multi-cultural and fast paced environment
- Results and solution oriented, Communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and a leadership attitude.
- Able to work with a variety of stakeholders in multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to organize and manage modern enterprise video and web conferencing using cloud based platform such as Zoom, Blue jeans, MS teams …
- Certification in M&E, project management or Budget management is an advantage.
- Young female candidates with a great learning capacity will be preferred for this position.
Do you feel you have what it takes to take on this challenge? We want to hear more about you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a 100-word email on what makes you a good candidate for this position.
WidEnergy Africa Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind; Gender, ethnicity, race and religion among others.
Closing Date : 18th April, 2021.