- Company: WidEnergy Africa Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
About WidEnergy Africa Ltd:
We are a women-led social, for profit enterprise engaged in last mile distribution of innovative, clean affordable and reliable energy and digital inclusion solutions.
Since we started our PAYGO operations, we have connected more 6,000 households with Solar Home Systems bundled with mobile feature phones, and created jobs for more than 40 Zambians while empowering more than 200 sales agents. We have an ambitious plan to extend our distribution network across Zambia, with the objective to reach more unbanked and unconnected people and create more impact in Zambia and beyond.
WidEnergy has been awarded funding from EEP AFRICA to implement “Women in Energy Hub- Wehub“project in Zambia. The project aims to implement a women-led distribution network for essential products and services in Zambia. A WeHub is a solar powered retail shop, serving as a distribution center for WidEnergy products, and providing energy for productive use to small business located around it.
A part of the funding will be used to pay project team members. We are looking for a young motivated Project Technical manager to assist the project Coordinator on project technical aspects. Based in the project implementation region, the Project Technical manager is the key person to assist the project coordinator in managing the project technical aspects, serve as the link between the company management and other project stakeholders with regards to the technical specifications of the products and services. As the technical expert of the project, this position is a major opportunity to prove that the candidate can deliver technical viable results in line with the project’s goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for WeHubs design and implementation.
- Provide technical direction or support to project teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Validate the sites for the project implementation
- Follow up the Wehub infrastructures design and implementation
- Design, implement and manage the technical part of the project
- Validate the sites for the project implementation from the technical and environmental perspective.
- Reporting to the project coordinator.
Qualifications and Skills that we look for…
- Have relevant educational background or working experience. Sustainable energy, logistics, Solar energy, Logistics, electricity, mechanics, environments,
- Data driven management skill and result oriented projects.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills, multi skilling and multitasking ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Fluent in verbal and written English, (additional local language is an advantage),
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and fast paced environment
- Results and solution oriented, communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and a leadership attitude.
- Able to work with a variety of stakeholders in multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to organize and manage modern enterprise video and web conferencing using cloud-based platform such as Zoom, Blue jeans, MS teams …
- Diploma, Certificate or experience in solar systems design or installation will be an advantage.
- Understanding of international or local technical safety and quality standard in sustainable energy and community development implementations and evaluation.
- Ability to understand and use Zambia Electrification Geospatial model for the project implementation, or use open-source Geographic Information system based decision for the project.
Do you feel you have what it takes to take on this challenge?
We want to hear more about you, please send your CV on email@example.com before 18 April 2021 and include a 100-word email on what makes you a good candidate for this position. Young candidates with a great learning capacity will be preferred for this position
WidEnergy Africa Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind; Gender, ethnicity, race and religion among others