- Company: Save the Children International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: Communications Assistant
Duty Station: Lusaka
The Communications Assistant is responsible for content gathering including writing case studies, producing high quality photo and video assets; and ensuring social media engagement across our digital platforms. Oftentimes, you will be required to work with the Communications and Campaigns Manager to write press releases, organize external and internal events while ensuring SCI and donor visibility and branding guidelines are observed, monitor media coverage and support media field visits to communities where we work across Zambia. You will support the implementation of the advocacy and communications strategy to help the country office to influence decision-makers to uphold and protect children’s rights.
Reports to: Communications and Campaigns Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Assist the implementation of the Country Advocacy, Communications, Campaigns and Media strategy.
Communications and Media Support:
- Collecting case studies that show the impact and success of our work and projects. This includes interviewing beneficiaries of our work and writing impact stories.
- Producing high quality photo and video assets and being able to package these for various audiences.
- Support the planning and preparations for commemoration of key calendar days for children
- Support implementation social media strategy and content calendar across our digital platforms including updating the country website.
- Support media engagement through writing press releases, pitching stories to the media, facilitating media visits and monitoring media stories.
- Update databases and media lists.
- Track media exposure and weekly reporting of social media engagement.
- Prepare presentations and reports.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Build the capacity of partners, field staff and interns in story gathering, photography, media training and information management throughout the response.
- In coordination with line manager, undertake multi-media commissions and produce content to accompany compelling case studies particularly on our work around child protection, health and nutrition, child rights governance and education.
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Communications, Media, Development or related fields.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in communications in an NGO context.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong writing, photography and editing skills.
- Knowledge of children’s rights key international agreements and conventions.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Conversant with Microsoft office packages
- Demonstrates Save the Children’s core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, ambition, and creativity.
- Photo editing and graphic design skills. Experience with design and audio-visual software is an advantage.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 30th April 2021. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.