- Company: DAPP
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is looking to engage a competent Human Resources Assistant for its Clothes and Shoes project.
The position is tenable in Ndola.
The principal purpose of the role is to support the project Human Resources Officer, the national human Resources team and the leadership and employees in the Clothes and Shoes project on all human resources matters, and thereby contribute to the success of the project and DAPP in Zambia.
1. Main roles and responsibilities
1.1 Provides administration and works cooperatively with team members to support completing the Human Resource Department work plan and actively participates in the department’s planning sessions.
1.2 Assists with drafting employee correspondence, such as letters of offer, employment contracts, memoranda and other correspondence as required.
1.3 Assists with assembling material for orientation sessions for all new employees, and ensures that required employee information is obtained and secured within the employee’s personnel file.
1.4 Ensures that all original and required employee correspondence is maintained in the personnel files and provides regular documentation audits for the Personnel Files, including Performance Appraisals, Employment Agreements, Job Descriptions, Disciplinary, Salary Documentation and other required documentation.
1.5 Prepares and maintains meeting agendas, records and distributes meeting minutes.
1.6 Maintains and provides reports to HRO for probationary ending periods and annual performance review due dates.
1.7 Provides administrative support to ensure Health, Wellness and Safety compliance and initiatives are met as required by law.
1.8 Assists with the coordination of training activities.
1.9 Assists with communication and planning to all staff as required.
1.10 Assists the HRO with gathering data for completion of monthly, quarterly, annual reports and other reports.
1.11 Ensures that the strictest of confidentiality is maintained at all times.
1.12 Takes responsibility to ensure that performance reviews are done at the scheduled times without fail.
- Minimum Certificate in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management, with valid practicing licence for 2021.
- At least One (01) year post qualification experience in Human Resources Administration / Management.
- Operational knowledge of human resource information management system(s) will be an advantage.
3. Preferred qualities
- Good understanding of Zambian labour laws.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Exceptional planning and time management skills and ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning employees and employee records.
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received by 22nd April, 2021.
The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
Indicate the job title, Assistant Human Resources Officer, as the subject of your email.
Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Ndola residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
DAPP is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted