- Company: Civil Aviation Authority
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Air transport plays a significant role in the economic development of our nation. In this regard, there is need to appoint a vibrant and visionary cadre of inspectors that will ensure that the Zambian Aviation industry becomes effective, efficient, self-sustaining, and in compliance with industry standards and best practices.
The Civil Aviation Authority in accordance with the provision of Sections 17 and 18 of the Act is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill one (01) position of Inspector Aviation Security under the Director Generals Office and reporting to the Senior Inspector Aviation Security
The job holder will be required to implement compliance with ICAO Annexes 9 and 17 Standards and Recommended Practices. He / She shall undertake the monitoring of national aviation security programmes in order to coordinate response to aviation security risks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake regularly conducting of security audits for aerodromes in order to monitor compliance with national and international standards;
- Undertake regularly the preparation of security incident reports in order to facilitate decision making;
- Undertake regularly the development and dissemination of guidelines on aviation security matters in order to meet national and international standards;
- Undertake the regulation of aviation security services, equipment, personnel procedures in order to ensure adequate coordination and preparedness in the event of air piracy and unlawful interference;
MINUMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Form V /Grade 12 Certificate with minimum of five (5) “O” Levels with credits.
- BA in related Social Science
- Standardised Training Package 123 Basic
- Standardised Training Package 123 National Inspectors Course
- At least 5 years experience of which 2 should be at middle management level position in AVSEC or other aviation related field
- Must be a Zambian citizen.
- Ability to write Technical reports concisely in English and have good interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Computer literate
- Team Player
- Decision Making
- Analytical skills
- Result Oriented
- Analytical skills
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including two (3) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers. All applications should reach the undersigned not later than 30th April 2021.
The Director General
Former Zambia Airways Technical Base Hanger 38/947
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport
P.O. Box 50137