- Company: VITALITE Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia. Our stated mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. VITALITE Zambia prides itself at being the first to pioneer a fully integrated pay- as-you-go (PAYGO) service in Zambia and is fast becoming the best service and distribution company benefitting the Zambian people.
VITALITE Zambia, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the role of Operations Coordinator. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing driver activity with regard to delivery of items, oversee the VITALITE fuel account and perform fuel expense authorization’s, oversee team activity with regard to inventory and storage management.
Purpose of the Role
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for performing timely reporting of inventory and shipment status, perform vehicle monitoring and reporting (mileage, fuel consumption, tax, fitness, insurance), oversee inventory / storage management and reporting of VITALITE headquarters and shop suppliers.
The principle purpose of the role is to ensure:
- Outbound products and supplies are delivered accurately and on time (Logistics);
- Sufficient roadworthy vehicles are available to meet Company requirements (Transportation);
- Inbound products and supplies are received and accurately accounted for (Inventory);
- VITALITE HQ is clean, safe, secure and available (Facilities Management).
- Grade 12 Certificate with good Mathematics & English.
- Degree with majors in Mechanic Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- 4 – 6 years working experience in Mechanic Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Excellent user of Microsoft Suite.
- Driver’s License (Manual) held for more than 2 years.
- Highly familiar with inventory management.
- Moderately familiar with fleet management, vehicle safety and maintenance.
- Strong leadership, people management and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with creative problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with facilities management.
- Familiarity with Zambian Health and Safety Laws.
Do you match the above-mentioned requirements?
Please send your full application including:
- Write an essay on the following topic “You are tasked with managing a supply chain of products manufactured in China and sold across Zambia. Describe the challenges you may face in maintaining supply of products and spare parts to the Zambian HQ and how would you about overcoming these challenges in a sustainable way” (min.300 words)
- 2 References (previous employers)
- Copy of all academic certificates
(Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject)
Address: VITALITE HR Department, Head Office, 15 Lubwa Road, opposite International Labour
Organization (ILO), Rhodes Park, Lusaka.
Closing Date: Saturday, 24th April, 2020.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that women are encouraged to apply.