- Company: Wafa Properties
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Wafa Properties is a multi-disciplinary firm, operating in the real estate, personnel development, agribusiness, and management consulting fields.
Following a successful bidding process, we have been engaged to participated in a 5 year pilot project with a well recognised international donor. The projects focus is on the development of the aquaculture value chain. Specifically the development of a fish hatchery and enhancing operations of fish ponds with a cacpacity of 20 tonnes per annum.
Wafa Properties, under its subsidiary Kasalari Farm, wish to recruit a highly motivated project manager who will be in charge of the agribusiness division with a specific focus on aquaculture.
The purpose of the job is to manage the Kasalari Aquaculture Development Project, the overall project is owned by our international partners. The objective of the project is to operationalise all our fish ponds and fingerling hatchery, which will subsequently increase revenue and company growth. The Project Manager will be in charge of all project operations on day to day basis and therefore shall supervise all partner activities related to the project. The Project Manager will provide overall management of the project across the programme as per the key responsibilities below. This is a challenging, turnaround management role within Kasalari Farm for a highly committed and results-orientated person with excellent organisational and communication skills, as well as enthusiasm and initiative.
- Lead, manage and coordinate day-to-day planning, implementation and management of project activities according to the project document, project budget and project log frame;
- Ensure effective integration of core technical areas – Fish grow out, Hatchery Management, Enterprise Development, and Natural Resource Management
- Strengthen the capacity of partner’s/farmers’ to identify sustainable economic opportunities;
- Overall management of human and financial resources of the project as the budget holder;
- Provide technical input for the implementation of the project including in the preparation of training materials, guides and manuals
- Prepare standard progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annual), annual work plans and budgets for consideration by the company Management Team;
- Ensure effective coordination of planned project activities among Kasalari Farm team and implementing partners towards the timely attainment of the project outcomes and objectives;
- Ensure project compliance with all legal and donor requirements;
- Facilitate effective communication and decision-making between project owners and all stakeholders for effective process management;
- Act as the key focal point with project owners country office to ensure all programming, financial and administrative matters related to the project are transparently, expediently and effectively managed, in line with established processes, rules and regulations;
- Ensure monitoring systems and tools are developed and used by all project staff to track project progress, and capture learning;
- Coordinate processes for project evaluation, document and share lessons learned with County Governments, development partners and other stakeholders;
- Monitor the context and carry out adjustments to project plans and management on an on-going basis in light of changing context, resources, and opportunities;
- Represent the company at national, regional and international levels, to donors, local and national government authorities, other NGOs, and any other parties as required;
- Ensure all safety and security guidelines are followed and that all safety or security incidents (fires, motorbike accidents, theft, etc.) are appropriately recorded and reported;
- Ensure efficient use and management of all project resources including transport;
- Facilitate effective teamwork, coordination and work planning among development partners;
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Entire Management and Operations Team
- Project Implementation Partners
- External stakeholders including National Government, County Governments, Research Institutes, Financial Institutions, External Auditors, Donors, Academic Institutions and Private Companies
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Aquaculture, Agriculture, Agri-business or a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in the implementation of agricultural projects with an agri-business focused; seed multiplication, value chains and/or related projects;
- A good understanding of project cycle management approaches and tools – including Participatory Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment, Market Assessments, Planning, project appraisal, monitoring and evaluation and partners’ capacity building;
- Experience with community-based programming;
- Experience in working with micro, small to medium enterprises and financial institutions;
- Experience in designing strategies and approaches for enhancing agricultural production and rural livelihoods among small holder farmers;
- Experience in budgeting/financial procedures, and writing management and financial reports;
- Experience in networking among development partners and government departments;
- Strong training and facilitation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organisational and written skills
- People management skills
- Proactive and motivated with a strong commitment to company vision, mission and values
- Strong computer skills especially with MS Word and Excel and other related packages
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce timely and accurate reports
- Ability to work as part of team across different cultures
- Ability to solve problems and take corrective action
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and take initiative