- Company: Plan International Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for an experienced, vibrant and self-starter to fill the following position;
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Lusaka) – Fixed Term Contract
This position is responsible for supporting all the Project Sites and Country Office on the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Country Program in planning, information gathering and synthesis, reflection and reporting processes. This includes participating in consolidating and regular review of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) plans. The incumbent is responsible for WASH Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) budget and activities.
- Supports development and review of the WASH SDG program to ensure that the strategies and approaches used are in line with the Country Strategy.
- Supports the development of MERL Plans for WASH SGD program effectiveness and learning in the delivery of program.
- Facilitates development of – participatory monitoring and evaluation systems including Community Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Systems for enhanced accountability.
- Provides technical leadership in planning and coordination of Baselines, Assessments, Evaluations, Research and case studies to enhance performance measurement and learning.
- Leads WASH SDG program team in generating and sharing lessons learnt and best practices from MERL activities for continuous program improvement.
- Facilitates capacity-building on Monitoring and Evaluation to staff and partners in WASH SDG Program to ensure quality data collection and management.
- Ensures production of timely and high quality program monitoring and evaluation reports for evidence based accountability
- Participates in development of yearly program budgets and project operational plans for WASH SDG to include all Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
- Ensures Monitoring, Evaluation and Research frameworks are outcome focused and include methodologies and indicators to identify and access gender transformative processes and outcomes.
- Ensure the project data collected and analysed is disaggregated by sex, age and disability and is accurately recorded in the PMERL System.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Environmental Health or Water Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years practical work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- At least 3 years of practical experience in WASH programming.
- Demonstrated skills in usage of statistical packages.
- Experience in Participatory methodologies especially WASH related.
- Proven understanding of programming concepts and Human Rights Approaches to Development.
- Strong analytical and logical ability.
- Good knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Design and management skills.
- Numeracy and the ability to interpret data, in order to provide management support to programming and budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- Good administrative skills.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to email@example.com. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 30th April, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
,Administrative/Secretarial Jobs,Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Zambia,jobs vacancies in zambia 2021