- Company: CIHEB
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Period: Short Term Contract 5 Months
Job Title: COVID-19 Vaccine Coordinators
CIHEB-Zambia is a non-profit local Zambian organisation supporting Ministry of Health to scale up comprehensive HIV prevention and testing services and find the best solutions to life threatening situations among communities in Zambia. CIHEB-Zambia will be supporting the roll out of COVID-19 vaccine with the funding from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
CIHEB-Zambia will support the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) to implement the SARS-CoV-2 vaccination strategy to reduce morbidity and mortality from COVID-19, including participation in the COVAX facility program to vaccinate up to 20% of the approximately 18.5 million persons in the country. This effort is led by the Ministry of Health (MOH) through the Expanded Program on Immunizations (EPI). The project will focus on strengthening Covid-19 vaccine implementation through delivery of high-quality virtual and in-person training, supervision, oversight of service providers, enhancing passive surveillance of adverse events following immunization (AEFI) through digital data collection and evaluation of COVID-19 vaccination implementation to improve program performance.
CIHEB Zambia invites applicants from interested candidates on the TFGH/CDC COVID-19 vaccine project.
- Engage in COVID-19 service delivery, M&E, AEFI surveillance, and community engagement activities at the direction of the EPI Manager/Covid-19 vaccination lead, in conjunction with the CDC-Zambia team
- Ensure that deliverables such as training and service delivery quality assurance, M&E framework deployment, and AEFI surveillance analyses are undertaken in a useful manner.
- Support Ministry of Health Zambia in ensuring that characteristics of the vaccine, cold-chain requirements and handling principles are maintained
- Train and mentors health care workers in the processes of vaccine administration and infection prevention and control (IPC) measures to use during vaccination sessions;
- Support MOH in the utilization of COVID data capturing and monitoring tool for quality data collection, analysis and reporting
- Train and mentor Health Care workers in surveillance of adverse event following immunization (AEFI)
- Collaborate with other units within MOH to create demand for target populations to receive the vaccines
- Engage with the key stakeholders to support effective communication about COVID-19 vaccination
- Represent CIHEB Zambia at planned and adhoc meetings on COVID 19 roll out
- Participate in preparing monthly reports to measure the progress on the COVID 19 vaccine uptake, coverage, safety and effectiveness
- While activities will be directed by the EPI Manager, the coordinators will report to CIHEB Zambia.
Skills and Experience
- Good organization skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Project management will be an added advantage
- Clinical training skills
- Prior experience working on any vaccination project
- 50% travel out of the work station
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in environmental health
- Diploma/degree in nursing sciences
- Diploma/Degree in clinical medicine (clinical officer general)
- Degree in public health or program management will be an advantage
- 2-5 years’ experience
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.
Closing Date : 28th April, 2021.