- Company: Northrise University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
Northrise University is a private owned University. The University is based in Ndola, and offers locally and internationally accredited professional and academic programmes. Northrise is a Christ-centred university creating an environment for intellectual, spiritual, and emotional growth. Northrise University supports the educational, spiritual, and economic transformation of Zambia by raising up educated and empowered leaders. At Northrise students are empowered to become future leaders through rigorous academic training and high performance standards.
We are looking for dedicated and innovative professionals who are passionate about making a significant and positive contribution to the education sector in Zambia. If you are such an individual possessing necessary qualifications and competencies, you are encouraged to apply for the position:
ICT LECTURERS (3 POSITIONS)
Job Purpose and Required Skills:
Teaching fundamental undergraduate and graduate Information Systems courses.
Assistance with administration of the undergraduate and graduate Center for ICT programs.
Two, to teach web and software development concepts, with relevant skills including but not limited to:
- Computer programming (paradigms and languages)
- Software engineering and management
- Database design and administration
- Web design
- Mobile application development
One to teach computer science concepts including but not limited to:
- Network design, administration, and security
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer architecture
- Develops strategies to teach course content for the entire term/semester including instructional objectives, assignments, textbooks, weight of grades and delivery methods.
- Develops and provides to students, approved Northrise University syllabi and modules that follow a template established by the University, which includes terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares and regularly revises and updates all course materials.
- Incorporates higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to lab assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
- Adheres to University policies regarding disciplinary problems, including plagiarism or cheating.
- Models exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Organizes and sequences topics in a logical progression and paces the delivery to meet the needs of the class.
- Utilizes educational technology (such as PowerPoint, remote access to syllabi and grades, classroom projection systems, online courses or course components with interactive capabilities) to enhance learning.
Qualifications and experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least 5 ‘O’ levels including English and Mathematics (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/information Technology (Required)
- Master of Science in Computer Science/information Technology (Required)
- An earned PhD will be an added advantage
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications will be an added advantage
- Specialization or professional certification in Cyber Security or Software Engineering will be an added advantage
- At least two (2) years’ experience in lecturing IT related courses at College or University level
All applicants should submit a typed cover letter of not more than two pages that clearly states the position applied for; the academic and professional qualifications they possess; and the major achievements in their previous and/or current job. Furthermore, the Curriculum vitae should be current, not more than five pages long, clearly state the duration(s) and nature of their past and current work experience; and include at least four traceable referees.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to. Additionally, all shortlisted applicants will be required to present certificates of verification/validation of all their academic and professional qualifications from the Zambia Qualifications Authority during the interviews.
All applications should be received by the undersigned by 7th May, 2021 to:
Human Resource Officer
30029 Kitwe-Ndola Dual Carriage Highway
P O Box 240271
Email at: email@example.com