- Company: Living Water International (LWI)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Country Office for the position of Human Resources Manager based in LUSAKA:
Position Title: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
Reporting to: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
- Coordinate all local recruitment requests, in consultation with line management using, updating, or preparing LWI job descriptions, identify media/advertising sources, advertise vacancies in accordance with LWI recruitment Guidelines, and deal promptly with all recruitment-related correspondence.
- Manage the induction/orientation process for new and replacement staff.
- Advise the Country Director on all aspects of the Labor Act ensuring that LWI Country Office adheres and comply to the correct legal context, local practice ensuring LWI HR policies and procedures are considered on matters of employment.
- Advise to the Country Director on staffing plans.
- Implement the LWI human resources policies and ensure compliance by the projects/programs of the office staff.
- Manage all aspects of payroll administration from payroll preparation to payment.
- Prepare and manage the annual HR budget participating in the overall budgeting process to ensure HR plans are included.
- Contribute proactively to developing organizational culture that is in line with LWI vision, mission, and display LWI Christian core values.
- Actively motivate and participate in Leadership Team meetings and initiatives for training on HR policies, LWI standards or other important matters to assure an open-door policy environment.
- Oversee the HR staff system (HRIS) is used properly and provides accurate and timeously information. Ensure training on the HRIS uses.
- Promote staff growth and development through the implementation of performance management system and capacity building initiatives. Facilitate training of Teams and staff on Projects and new Management challenges.
- Develop/select and implement employee training programs in coordination with all departments’ leaders to increase individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Handle staff grievances for Country Office staff, coaching or/and disciplinary action processes in close collaboration with the Country Office Director or line managers.
- Participate in the formulation of the company’s administrative policies.
- Manage the purchasing process locally through supervision of either the Administration Assistant II or Procurement Officer
- Supervise Administrative Assistant, cook/cleaner(s) and driver(s)
- Ensure vehicles are kept in good running order and that maintenance is carried out timeously.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc projects as directed by the Country Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Business Administration or HR related field is required.
- 7 years’ proven experience working as HR Manager or Generalist with exposure to recruiting, staff development, compensation, performance management and staffing, among others.
- Experience in supervising several roles may be required.
- Certification and membership of Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM) is a MUST
- Knowledge of and working experience with HRIS.
- Proven skills in managing several roles at the same time.
- Highly proficient in English; Demonstrated ability to supervise direct staff and create team-oriented environment, strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy.
- Experience, ability, and motivation to enforce prudent HR discipline.
- Communicating orally/presentation skills in English Language
- Experience with I-NGO or a national civil society is a definite advantage,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong in developing human and administrative systems.
- Good organizational, verbal, and written communication skills as well as ability to multi-task are essential.
- License to drive a manual vehicle is preferred.
- A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
- Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to Zambia.Jobs@water.cc or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 30th April 2021 17: 00 hours, Zambian time.
- LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th May 2021, consider your application unsuccessful.
- We encourage you to visit our website: http//www.water.cc for more information about our work.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Zambia.Jobs@water.cc
Closing Date : 30th April, 2021.