- Company: Impact Network
- Location: Zambia
- State: Katete
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Impact Network Limited (ZINL) works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, ZINL is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in Zambian community schools. ZINL works in Katete, Sinda and Petauke Districts in Eastern Province. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
Responsibilities and expectations:
- Reports to Director of Operations.
- Line manager to several operations staff.
- Mentor and motivate staff to achieve productivity and engagement.
- Ensure the objectives of the organisation and targets of the operations department are met.
- Monitor the solar at all Impact schools and do the necessary for repairs, longevity and security of the systems.
- Liaise with vendors for trouble shooting and arrange visits for repairs etc. as needed.
- Track all equipment and supplies at sites and HO as well as during the repair cycle.
- Monitor and reconcile inventory of all sites and HO and initiate regular spot checks.
- Lead procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Track and verify expenditures in all areas including transport, maintenance and other running costs.
- Provide quotes/estimations for new grant proposals.
- Ensure safe spaces are maintained at all Impact schools and maintenance works are completed timeously
- Contribute to transport scheduling and construction oversight.
- Oversee and ensure compliance and consistent standards at all field sites, visiting as necessary.
- Ensure field reports are submitted timeously and accurately, monitor and make appropriate follow-ups.
- Analyze the operational performance of all sites and make data informed decisions for maximum efficiency and optimize costs and benefits.
- Communicate all staffing, infrastructure and administrative issues to SMT or appropriate committee.
- Monitor relations across all communities where Impact schools are operating.
- Additional tasks based on organization needs and mutually agreed with your line manager.
- Candidates should have a relevant university degree in conjunction with 6+ years applicable work experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership ability
- High competency in Microsoft Office and sharp analytical skills with the ability to navigate data sets.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills in English and Cinyanja, both written and verbal.
- Experienced in working within a target driven environment.
- Ability to follow internal and external processes and multitask.
- Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail when accomplishing all tasks.
- Exceptionally organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Problem-solving aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and present diplomatic solutions to obstacles encountered.
- Experience managing a team and projects within a rural NGO setting an advantage.
- Punctuality, reliability and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong ethics and ability to manage confidential information.
- Strong inter-personal skills, internal motivation and awareness of own limitations are essential.
This position is based in Katete, Eastern Province occasional travel to Sinda and Petauke.
Compensation is based on education, experience and suitability for the role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after the close of applications.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.
Closing Date : 30th April, 2021.