- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing the work of subordinates.
- Ensure that parts are available in time before service or repairs are carried out. * Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Prioritise workload as per Equipment priority and production requirements.
- Ensure 100% works order compliance.
- Ensure that all the critical parts are stocked in the Warehouse.
- To plan ahead and ensure reliability of the Mobile Cranes and Cherry Pickers (JLGs).
- Advise management as to whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Drive to achieve required Mobile Cranes & JLGs availability targets.
- Ensure that tools and equipment being used by the Artisans are in good condition.
- Carry out employee’s performance reviews and assessments.
- Ensure Light Vehicles workshop maintains good housekeeping.
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an on-going basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees.
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Minimum of a Craft Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or Auto Mechanics. * Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum experience of 2 – 3 years in a similar engineering role, with a particular focus on Heavy or Medium Vehicles, with at least two years of supervisory exposure.
- Previous work experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
- Root cause failure analysis skills and experience in identifying failures and defect elimination.
- Computer literacy with experience in Pronto system.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve results in a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
Closing Date : 7th May, 2021.