- Company: R A Consulting Services Zambia Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kasama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Job Title: I.T Technician
Reports to: Technical Enterprise Consultant
The preferred candidate shall manage complete end user computing environment to ensure that all laptop, desktops, printing environment and other EUC devices (IPBX, VC facilities, mobile devices…), LAN/WAN devices (switches, access points, routers) are available for employees and other business users.
- Image Management: Building, maintaining and deploying desktop/laptop images.
- Patch Management: Acquiring, testing, and installing multiple patches to an administered computer system.
- Antivirus Management: The maintenance, deployment, and analysis of antivirus in desktops and laptops
- Hardware Configuration & Certification
- Application Packaging & Virtualization: Service which enables automated deployment of applications to the future state platform (existing or new).
- Software Distribution: Centralized application packaging and distribution.
- Incident and Problem Support: This involves break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, and software installations, repair and restore of servers, hardware repair (if required), all coordination with 3rd party Partners for resolution in incidents and problems.
- Product Strategy & Development: Education and integration of information related to desktop.
- Desktop Management: The functions required to provide desktop support to a user’s device.
- Asset Management: Update the Asset Inventory and Management System for addition, modification or disposal or assets; ensure that inventory tools are duly installed on workstations; to maintain the asset inventory in offices and highlight the need for replacement/refresh of End of Life/End of Service equipment
- Assets tagging and asset store Management
- Device asset reconciliation with finance and Software reconciliation with IT as per request
- BIMAC (Build, Install, Move, Add, Change) services for all devices
- Onsite support of incident and request for All Employee devices. Such as Wi-Fi access and basic diagnostic of computer/laptops.
- Technical evaluation of Devices and UAT.
- Print services: location based printer / scanner installation, troubleshooting
- IT end user accessories Management (display panel, motherboard, RAM, HDD, charger, battery etc.)
- End User Computing Device (EUC) license Management, Provide true up count, Partner warranty management
- Auditing, verification of EUC devices and software Trend Analysis and reporting
- Support for SCCM agent deployment and issues
- Patch/new tool deployment through SCCM, wherever applicable.
- Network administration: operation, administration and maintenance of end user network (LAN/WAN/Wireless LAN).
- Support for internet and intranet access
- Support for 3rd party software installation and troubleshooting
- Support for windows time sync of the domain clients
- Support for domain client adding and removing issue (join/disjoin)
- Install/uninstall application software on laptop and desktop
- Support users to troubleshoot on using office suite or common applications.
- Support users to troubleshoot wireless access issue from their computers.
- Support users on using/configuring IPBX / PBX / VoIP telephones (Polycom, Cisco, …)
- Support users on using/configuring Soft VoIP and VC software (Polycom, Cisco, …)
- Support users on using office communications tools (Skype for business, Skype, …)
- Support users on using VC (Video Conference) facilities (Polycom, Cisco, …)
- Liaise with L3/OEM vendors where required to troubleshoot / resolve end users’ issues
- EUC Support for local and remote offices/sites
- Hard disk encryption for mobile / workstations
- Administration, Management of CCTV and electronic access controls
- Support users on office automation
- As a First level support for end user applications.
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- From a recognised University.
- Must Possess a full grade 12 certificate
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience
- Experience in setting up and maintaining computer hardware
- Experience in computer user support
- Must be able to communicate well in spoken and written English
- Valid Driver’s License is an added advantage
- Good Knowledge on Printer Maintenance will be added advantage
Selected Candidate must be available to start work immediately.
If you meet this criteria please send you Cv, Cover letter and Copies of education transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date : 26th April, 2021.