- Company: World Education, Inc./Bantwana
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education WEI/B) (www.bantwana.org) is seeking a full-time Community Outreach Coordinator for an anticipated two-year pilot program to prevent and reduce gender-based violence in 60 schools in 2 – 3 districts.
The coordinator will support and oversee the implementation of community-focused initiatives to equip stakeholders, parents, and caregivers with the knowledge, skills, and tools to prevent and respond to school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV), and address negative gender norms at family and community level. S/he will be work under the guidance of the project’s Safe Schools and SRGBV specialists to support training, information, and facilitation of community dialogues on SRGBV. This individual will report to the Program Team Lead, and will be part of a small, cohesive staff team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the planning, coordination, and implementation of informational, training, and data gathering activities related to SRGBV awareness, prevention, and capacity building among communities around project schools
- Facilitate introduction of concepts and foster productive dialogues among targeted stakeholder groups, with the aim of addressing negative gender norms that normalize violence against children and/or devalue girls’ education
- Support Safe Schools and SRGBV specialists to prepare materials, plan, and deliver capacity building and training
- Administer pre- and post-survey tools, under guidance of the project Research, Monitoring, and Evaluations specialist, and collect and document data on KAP changes
- Identify and document significant change incidence, case studies, and personal stories from program participants for use in repots and publicity materials
- Work collaboratively with local government officials at ward and village level to promote program buy in and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or similar field.
- 3+ years of professional experience working in community mobilization and education programs
- Training skills and experience with participatory methodologies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to represent the program at community level
- Good English language skills and fluency in one or more major Zambian languages
- Energetic, self-starter, and committed to grass-roots development and participation
- Zambian national or permanent resident
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 3rd May, 2021.