- Company: GIZ
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries.
GIZ Office Zambia provides financial and administrative services to GIZ projects and programmes in Zambia as well as other countries in the region. In order to meet the growing needs of its expanding portfolio, GIZ is seeking a suitable candidate for the following position:
Procurement Officer (Lusaka based)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Procuring goods and services in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions
- Drawing up local subsidies (LS) and financing agreements (FAs) in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions
- Handling customs related matters
- Supporting the Head of Finance and Administration in all issues regarding monitoring, communication to clients and process optimisation
- Supporting the Head of Finance and Administration in all issues regarding establishing and implementing digital solutions and similar in the field of contracts and procurement
Procurement of goods and services and customs declaration
- Procuring materials and equipment on the local market and through GIZ HQ
- Accepting and checking goods received and confirms receipt
- Preparing and submitting all necessary papers for duty-free import of goods
- Monitoring and controlling imported deliveries
- Ensuring that all documentation required for the preparation of service or financing contracts is complete
- Concluding appraiser/consultant contracts and entering them in CoSoft
- Drawing up financing agreements and local subsidies
- Updating the internal clients/programmes actively about the status of contract, procurement and customs matters, particularly in the event of delays
- Advising projects/programmes on all issues relating to procurement and handling internal and external complaints
- Actively supporting the Head of Finance and Administration in all issues regarding monitoring and communication to clients and process optimisation
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, in Business Administration (BBA), Purchasing and Supply or similar field; a master’s degree is an added advantage
- Must be a full member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) with a valid practicing licence
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is an asset
- At least 4-5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Broad experience in administration as well as in purchasing and supply
- Experience in introducing new digital innovations/applications
Other knowledge and additional competences:
- Excellent communications skills
- In-depth knowledge of procurement/contracting processes
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong capability to prioritise workload
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, MS Teams, MS Office, especially advanced level proficiency in MS Excel)
- High interest and willingness in introduction of new digital applications and establishing digitally supported processes (e.g. Common Portal)
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures to be agreed with management
Cover letters must be sent in MS Word format, with using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position. In the second paragraph, outline your experience with contracting and tendering procedures.
CVs must not exceed three (3) pages and must be submitted in PDF.
Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. GIZ is committed to be an equal opportunities employer, therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.