- Company: Caritas Czech Republic
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mongu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation, implementing livelihood programs, is looking for
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
- Support and assist the Project Coordinator
- Support realization of selected business plans in mango, cassava and organic fertilizer value chains through:
- Establishment of processing and production operation.
- Facilitating business permits and certification.
- Business management and entrepreneurship capacity building, monitoring and mentoring.
- Support marketing of selected businesses incl. brand development.
- Identify and facilitate linkages to potential buyers and suppliers.
- Identify and facilitate linkages to financial services and other potential funding programs.
- Business and market analysis.
- Works closely with Project Coordinator, Agriculture Officer and project partners.
- Maintain necessary project administration and documentation.
- Participate on regular reports, draw up action plans, assessment of progress, formulation of new project opportunities, etc.
- Tertiary education – university/college degree in business, economics, agronomics, business administration, marketing, social sciences (preferably in enterprise development) or any other related subject
- At least 2 years of practical experience with economic empowerment projects, of which at least one year should be closely related to establishment and development of enterprises and business development
- Experience with practical establishment and management of food processing businesses is an advantage
- Experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- Good computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- Good time management, commitment, team worker, innovative, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure
- Motorcycle driving license is an advantage
Caritas Czech Republic is an equal opportunity and treatment employer and provides all the employees a work environment free from any form of discrimination based on race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religion and creed, disability. Furthermore, Caritas Czech Republic provide employees with a safe environment with zero tolerance of sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and other unethical behaviour in the workplace.
Duty station: Mongu, Western Province, Zambia
Starting date: Immediately
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by 3rd May 2021 17:00 to the following email address: email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Business Development– Mongu. For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Business Development Officer – Mongu– curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Business Development Officer – Mongu – cover letter
Caritas Czech reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage