- Company: Grassroot Soccer Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Grassroot Soccer Zambia is an adolescent health organisation that leverages the power of soccer to Educate, Inspire and Mobilise youth in Zambia to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities. GRS Zambia delivers programming to an estimated 40,000 at risk youth annually across Zambia. The overlapping epidemics of gender based violence , HIV, and broader sexual and reproductive health are the primary focus of our work, with complimentary programming on youth leadership and employability.
GRS Zambia plans to add a senior-level manager to it’s leadership team that will oversee the development and maintanance of the finance systems required of a growing NGO.
To efficiently implement programmes, GRS Zambia applies a range of accounting, administrative and planning tools. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Country Director to ensure that the organisation is run efficiently and accountably.
The Finance Manager is a key member of the leadership team of GRS Zambia and is responsible for ensuring that programme teams have the support systems required to achieve the mission for the organisation. The primary focus is directing the supporting functions of finance in order to maintain highly effective internal systems and high-functioning unit. The Finance Manager will have oversight of budgets and financial management and will work closely with the Programme Manager to ensure staff are meeting expectations in all areas.
This role will be the line manager for the Zambia finance team and reporting to the Country director
- Manage the finance and accounting functions for GRS in Zambia including but not limited to financial management, accounting, planning/budgeting, auditing and reporting.
- Oversee all GRS Zambia financial policies and procedures and ensure adherence to Zambia accounting standards.
- Ensure proper management of financial and other resources entrusted to GRS programmes and initiatives.
- Responsible for managing and allocating of the company’s budgets and financial forecasts.
- Work with the Programs, Business Development, and Finance teams to effectively spend, allocate, and report on all grants across the the organisation.
- Evaluate financial reporting and accounting systems to make recommendations that will eliminate redundancy, streamline processes and empower the finance team to interact with other staff members to improve financial coding, workflow, policies, procedures and budget management.
- Monitor and review the financial systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure they are operating properly, are current, and align with donor requirements.
- Coordinate the external annual audit processes, organizational risk assessments, and the lead internal auditing function.
- Manage financial reporting to the Country Director and Board of Directors.
- Manage and ensure financial record keeping (vendor files, consultant files, purchasing documents, fixed asset support & subsidiary ledgers) is appropriate and efficient.
- Serve as the line manager for the GRS Zambia Finanace Team.
- Ensure that GRS accounting systems and procedures are in line with other best practices including government and donor policies and demonstrate sound resource management.
- Ensure quality control for servicing external and internal customers, ensuring that systems are streamlined and efficient. Responsible for overseeing internal controls and procurement processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
Key Professional Experience:
- Possess at least a Professional Finance/Accounting qualification or related fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role. Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of experience in finance on large complex projects, of which at least 5 years working on complex donor-funded projects (ideally USAID, DFID,SIDA, or other government bilateral donor)
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID project management, including USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Strong financial management skill and experience
- Experience in managing a large budget effectively
- Strategic planning experience
- Experience in effectively directing large, complex and distributed teams
- Excellent command of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High team cohesive behavior and infectious levels of enthusiasm
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep the broader picture in mind
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups especially in a cross-cultural environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 7th May, 2021.