- Company: GreenCo Power Services Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Job Title: (Senior) Finance & Risk Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Recruitment period: April 2021 – May 2021
A. About GreenCo Power Services Limited (GreenCo).
GreenCo acts as an intermediary off taker and service provider, purchasing power from renewable IPPs and selling that electricity to utilities and private sector off takers (i.e. commercial and industrial users) and markets of the SAPP. GreenCo will mitigate the risk of purchaser default through an ability to secure alternative buyers or through short-term trading on the SAPP electricity markets. Through its participation in competitive power markets, GreenCo will promote cross-border power transactions and a more dynamic and liquid short-term power market. Through its activities, GreenCo will increase the supply of, and demand for, finance for energy projects, and mobilise private sector capital more quickly towards critical and transformative capacity addition.
GreenCo’s vision is to lead innovation and sustainably transform renewable energy markets
- An innovative business model with sector changing potential.
- Focused on creating impact through innovative business solutions in the energy sector.
- Agile start-up culture with a focus on individual responsibility and personal impact.
B. The Role in Context.
The Finance & Risk Manager will be responsible for designing, implementing risk procedures and credit limits. Monitor and report on the trading activity and implement the risk strategy from the board and executive management. Responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of the Group.
Key duties of a Finance & Risk Manager;
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting in collaboration with the Group CFO
- identify business risks as well as hire, train and retain risk, accounting and finance staff.
- Interface with auditors and tax advisors to advance company goals and objectives
- Responsible for implementation of finance related policies such as AML, Anti Bribery, Travel & Expenses
- Prepares and presents financial statements, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial documentation
- Reviewing (and establishing) all formal finance and risk related procedures
- Provides regular performance, market and credit risk analysis for power trading portfolio;
- Provide quantitative and qualitative research and analysis;
- Work closely with management and traders providing input to profit & loss, risk reporting and ad hoc risk analysis;
- Ensure that all risk limits are adhered to and assist in implementing new limits when necessary;
- Support the trading department in new products and counterparty KYC and credit approval;
C. Qualifications and Requirements:
The Finance & Risk Manager will be expected to bring a combination of the following experience, personal attributes and qualifications:
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- Degree level education, preferably in the field of Finance, Business, Economics
- Full Professional qualification in ACCA or CIMA
- Must be fluent in written and oral English;
- Good knowledge of treasury, finance and accounting, including reporting and mark-to-market accounting;
- 10 years experience in risk management, in particular counterparty credit risk in the SSA region, price risk, foreign exchange risk and cash liquidity risk and an understanding of the trading life cycle from trade initiation to financial reporting;
- Excellent analytical skills, structured approach to complex issues and attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- Innovative self-starter who can work on own initiative to problem solve and help build the risk function
D. Time Commitment.
This is a full-time role and whilst the normal working week is 40 hours, it is expected that the ideal candidate will be prepared to both work and travel as required to fulfil the objectives of the business.
Closing Date : 14th May, 2021.