- Company: Copperbelt University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
COORDINATOR – QUALITY ASSURANCE
Job Purpose: To orient staff in the University to appreciate and strive for national, regional and international quality standards, benchmarks, and accreditation standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to preparation of quality control and assurance work plans and implement the CAD operational plans and their monitoring, evaluation and review.
- To coordinate and organise staff orientation and training activities on quality assurance, benchmarking accreditation requirements.
- To identify and recommend communication and training programs to help the University staff understand their roles in quality control and quality assurance.
- To take lead in the use of institutional data to inform institutional policies and decision making.
- To support staff and students to understand academic regulations.
- To engage and contribute to the CAD research group to advance quality assurance and excellence in teaching, learning, assessment and course design.
- To provide support to Units in the design, implementation, evaluation, and review of academic programmes to meet accreditation standards and benchmarks.
- To participate in academic development activities, webinars and conferences to enhance own professionalism.
- To contribute to planning and implementation of short courses on quality assurance and control.
- To prepare quarterly and annual operational plan performance reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 or Form V School Certificate with five (5) “O” levels with credit or better including English and Mathematics.
- A Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in a relevant field. A PhD in a relevant field will be an added advantange.
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience in teaching and research in a higher educational institution.
- Demonstrate experience in planning, coordination and/or facilitation of workshops and review.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and video conference tools.
- Ability to use statistical packages like SPSS or other is an added advantage.
Attributes and Skills
- Self-motivated individual with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and problem solving skills.
- A team player with ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Willingness to engage in research and publication relevant to University teaching and learning.
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates.
Applicants are to include three (3) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned not later than Friday, 7th May 2021. Electronic applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P.O. Box 21692