- Company: Copperbelt University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research, Innovation, Industrialization and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into the following positions in the Centre for Academic Development (CAD).
The Centre for Academic Development is a strategic unit of the University that promotes academic development, quality assurance and research for improvement in the standards and quality of course design, teaching, learning, and assessment including the mainstreaming of latest education media and technologies. It also supports Schools and Units with accreditation of programmes and registration of learning achievements with relevant authorities.
The Centre is seeking for the services of three (3) Coordinators whose roles entail coordinating, training, conducting research activities and preparing documentation in the Centre. The Coordinators will be expected to execute key responsibilities and accountabilities in CAD on fulltime basis. They will be expected to ensure that Centre activities and practices are researched and effectively implemented.
1. COORDINATOR – TEACHING AND LEARNING
Job Purpose: To provide services pertinent to the improvement of quality curriculum, teaching and learning for academic staff at CBU and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute action plans and implement the CAD operational plans.
- To coordinate needs assessments, audit and profile staff pedagogical skills and coordinate professional development workshops.
- To coordinate and organize staff academic development in teaching, learning and assessment methodologies.
- To support staff and students to understand academic regulations.
- To initiate, conduct and publish research in the scholarship of teaching and learning, and disseminate results in collaboration with other Coordinators.
- To provide support to Units in the design, implementation, evaluation, and review of academic programmes.
- To collaborate with other CAD coordinators to collate relevant institutional data to inform institutional policies.
- To participate in academic development activities, webinars and conferences to enhance own professionalism.
- To contribute to planning and implemetation of short courses to generate income.
- To prepare quarterly and annual operational plan reports.
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates.
Applicants are to include three (3) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned not later than Friday, 7th May 2021. Electronic applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P.O. Box 21692