- Company: Tyre-King Enterprises Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Tyre King Enterprises is one of the leading automobile tyre retailers in Zambia currently operating in fifteen (15) Tyre sales and fitment outlets including Choma, Kabwe, Kitwe, Ndola & Solwezi. We are seeking to recruit an experienced Internal Auditor who can join us on this journey using his or her expertise and qualification to make us more efficient.
In this role, the candidate will ensure: To protect company assets by planning and completing Branch and Warehouse audits and investigations. Examine and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the organization’s internal control systems and processes and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal controls and reduce costs where possible. To audit and collate financial and other information on the branch, departmental processes, and performance and produce reports.
Reporting to the Director, the suitable candidate will have the following key responsibilities among others:
Strategic Audit Planning
- Periodic review and updating of Tyre King Audit protocols and standards.
- Identify key areas of risk within Tyre King and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks.
- Develop strategic risk-based audit objectives and audit plans detailing the scope, nature, and timing of audit activities to address Audit challenges as they arise.
- Produce internal audit procedures and work programs as required.
- Advise management on the resourcing requirements for the Internal Audit function.
Conduct Internal Branch and Stores Audits
- When Conducting internal audits in Branches and warehouses, assess the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures.
- Ensure that the processes and documentation are being followed and completed correctly and in a timely manner at the Branch and warehouse level.
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with line Managers and report significant issues to Directors
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by Directors.
Financial Audits in Branches
- Audit and collate financial and other information on branch daily Cash management, Petty cash Management, and service income collection as part of the Branch Audit.
- Review the accuracy and timeliness of financial information and other disclosures provided to management
Continuous Risk Assessments and Compliance Advisory role
- Conduct continuous risk assessments to identify emerging risks and review the adequacy of existing risk management systems.
- Recommend management procedures for incorporation in successive audit programs.
- Provide Directors with the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the internal controls in Tyre King.
- Providing ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels, including delivering training.
- Assist the development of an internal control culture, including training staff.
- Preparing relevant reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to relevant teams.
- Prepare audit reports in line with the approved audit plan.
Action plans and Reporting
- Monitor the timely implementation of the management actions recommended in the audit reports.
- Protect Tyre King’s reputation by keeping information obtained in the course of work confidential.
- Participate in audit meetings.
- Liaise with the external auditor on internal control issues that pertain to cash and inventory management.
- Report on internal control issues and the implementation of the internal audit plan to Directors
- Report on branch and also departmental operational procedures after spot checks.
- Report on all cash audits, investigations, and inventory audits.
- Report on all verified assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items
Supervision and HR matters
- Supervise direct reports, follow-through of their performance benchmarks, and ensure appraisals are done and submitted in a timely manner.
Qualifications: Education, Competencies, and Experience
- Must have completed a minimum of two levels in either ACCA or CIMA or other auditing qualifications.
- Must be a registered member of Zambia Institute of Accountancy (ZICA) or Auditor’s recognized institute
- Knowledge of computer environment, MS word, excel, databases. Experience in Navision accounting software would be an added advantage.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in Internal Audit and external audit or financial management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills combined, a lively and enquiring mind with a logical approach to work
- Good Leadership and Organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated able to balance multiple work demands.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV which includes three referees with daytime contact numbers, qualification documents, and an application letter that states why you think you should be selected for this job. Send to The Head Human Resource & Administration, Lusaka, email to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 10th May 2021. Clearly state in the subject line the position: Internal Auditor Application.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE ABOVE LISTED QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONTACTED.