- Company: Abt Associates PMI Vectorlink Project
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets (ITNs) and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Abt Associates seeks to recruit qualified and experienced individuals in the following vacant positions for the PMI VectorLink Project:
1. ITN Continuous Distribution (CD) Technical Advisor – 1 Position – Lusaka
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the ITN CD Technical Advisor will provide support to the planning and implementation of VectorLink’s ITN CD activities in Zambia. He/She will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the NMEP on continuous/routine distribution activities.
Specific duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist the NMEP to set up the Zambian Continuous Distribution Working Group/sub-committee and ensure the meetings occur.
- Assist the NMEP to carryout school-based distribution training in 4 districts.
- Assist the NMEP to plan and implement a Continuous Distribution Assessment which will enable continuous distribution stakeholders to assess the existing continuous distribution channels in Zambia and to provide recommendations for improving or expanding them where appropriate.
- Assist the NMEP in the review of the Zambian current CD Guidelines and the implementation of the CD Workshop in order to update the guidelines
- Organize participation of Zambia’s CDWG on Alliance for Malaria Prevention (AMP) CDWG calls, AMP weekly calls when appropriate and RBM Annual Meetings to highlight and showcase the work being done, successes achieved, and lessons learned for other countries
- Other activities as determined by the PMI VectorLink Project (e.g., provide facilitatory support to start-up activities of the VectorLink Misuse Assessment and Durability Monitoring activities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Health Sciences or relevant field.
- 8-10 years of relevant professional experience, including significant experience (6-8 years) in ITN or other malaria program development and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience managing ITN activities under donor-funded projects is essential, experience with malaria prevention programs preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational, reporting, and management skills.
- Proven track record collaborating with and supporting National Malaria Control/Elimination Program counterparts to achieve objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, including national, provincial and district government counterparts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Prior experience working with USAID/PMI projects highly preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout the target districts frequently.
- Fluency in English.
For consideration, please click the apply button below to apply not later than 14th May 2021
Closing Date : 14th May, 2021.