- Company: Nanga Farms Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mazabuka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Zambia
Nanga Farms Ltd is a large irrigated Sugarcane Estate situated 25km North East of Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The Company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of sugarcane and the rearing of 1 ,400 head of cattle. The Company employs approximately 1,100 employees at peak season. The company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Security Superintendent, the main purpose of the job is to supervise and carrying out deployments plans and ensuring proper communications from management to subordinates are carried out, and ensuring all subordinates are in the right PPE.
- Plan and prepare daily deployment of security guards in areas of responsibility
- Supervision and monitoring of shifts and other Security operations.
- Enforce safety in order to ensure that no unauthorized persons are found in restricted areas.
- Conduct searches on people and vehicles entering and leaving restricted areas.
- Assist the Security Superintendent in the times of investigations.
- Promotes the security goals of crime and loss prevention through interactions with other departments.
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues.
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations.
Security Sergeant top skills & proficiencies:
- Knowledge of Security Operations and Procedure.
- Written and Verbal Communication.
- Reporting Skills and Safety Management.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Basic training in Security
- A Diploma in any business studies will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years post qualifying experience in a similar position
- Good interpersonal and technical skills, personal organization as well as high level of integrity are required
- Should be 30 years and above, physically fit.
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 15th May 2021, enclosing their detailed CV (together with references) and soft copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address and valid phone number, and then send via email to:
The application letter should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
P O Box 670079